Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Vintage Bonnet Pinkeeps and Sewing


I've been spending some of my time working outside weeding and inside sewing. I'm working on an order for a friend. It's quite a fun project and I will share that later. When I was down in my sewing cottage, I came across my little collection of handmade bonnet pinkeeps. I think they are adorable.
They make me happy and I wonder what they would tell me if they could talk!


This one has a few thimbles tucked in the middle. So cute. I like the fabrics on this one.


Lots of pins inside this one! Lots of 1940''s fabrics.


I like the little ruffle on the outside of this one. It's a bit larger.


This little plaid one is the smallest of my collection. Notice how the owner tucked straight pins along the edge~


I just happened to come across directions to make these little babies in a pile of things I was looking at. Perfect timing. I'd like to try one when I finish my projects that are waiting.



It was such a pretty day outside yesterday. Look at that blue sky! This is my neighbor's flowering tree. The virus has given us some lower pollution and it shows!  Have a great day blogger friends. 

5 comments:

Kelly-Anne ♥ The Diary of a Country Girl said...

Aww, these pin keeps are darling! Glad that you are keeping busy with sewing and gardening...me too! Yay for blue skies! We have noticed the bird life in our garden has increased with all the peace and quiet...thankful for small silver linings.
Blessings to you...enjoy the rest of this week!

mamasmercantile said...

What an amazing collection, it was a delight to see them. Stay safe.

Szara Sowa said...

Beautiful bonnets collection. Have a nice weekend.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Linda, I came over to your delightful blog from your comment at Cranberry Morning. This is the first I've ever heard of bonnet pinkeeps! They are adorable and something my Grandma would have loved, and if anyone I know would have had one it would have been her, but No! How long have they been around? Do you have any information about their origins?

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

What a nostalgic way to make pin keeps. Well done.
Laura of Harvestlanecottage.com