Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

A Visit to the Kaiser Lab


I finally HAD to make a trip to my Kaiser Rockwood Clinic today. I was allowed to put off a blood test to check my blood since I am on a blood thinner. In January, a new medicine was added to my daily meds and it was one that can throw off my Coumadin. I was having to go in to the lab every week for a check. Then the virus hit and I just didn't want to go in. My doctor had me call the anti coagulation center and as I had been within range, they let me go 6 weeks. Well, today was the day to go in.
Jim drove me over and I had my gloves and mask on. My provider Kaiser really does things right. They had a person directing you where to park as the pharmacy pick up was set up under tents in the parking lot. I was told to go in the front door. A lady was waiting there and asked why I was coming to the clinic. She directed me to the lab. It wasn't busy. The lab techs were wearing gloves, masks and shields. The stations were spaced apart. I was in and out quickly.
I got my results online tonight and I am still in range. The nurse will call me on Monday and tell me when I need to go back for the next test.
I am so thankful I was in range. I have been watching my greens and after 5 years, I pretty much know how to balance my greens. I am relieved this visit is over. 

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I am glad it all went well for you. Take care.

Ed & Yoka said...

Dear Linda & Jim,
we tried to phone you but the number is out of order,
Love to talk toy you ,we have so many good memories ,

Hope to hear from you
Yoka & Ed

Lady Linda said...

Ed and Yoka...oh how delightful to hear from you. I will send you a note with new phone numbers. We have been so worried about you as we lost touch. SO excited to find you again. Hugs.