Pages

Monday, April 27, 2020

Monday Made: Tea Wallets


Good morning Blogger friends! It's a new day and a new week. I've kind of lost track of how many weeks we have been sheltering in, but does it really matter? Jimmy and I are both doing fine and making progress around the house and with projects. I do believe staying home and staying in as much as possible has made a lot of difference in our state. Not everyone feels that way. Our governor is starting to work on some plans for opening up the state but she is being cautious and I am in agreement.
So weeks ago, one of my Tasha Tudor friends Niki, contacted me and asked if I would be willing to make 12 little tea wallets for her. She is giving her sister a garden party birthday this summer and wanted tea wallets as party favors. Niki lives in Florida and has the most beautiful garden I have ever seen. She is so sweet and has sent me kind words and little gifts over the years when I was recovering. She asked me this way before the virus, and I was just kind of down. It was such a blessing to get the special order! It just was a jump start for the winter blahs. I thought I would be working on them when I went to my quilt retreat in April but that was rescheduled to June and just this weekend, it has been canceled until next April. Such is life.


 I went thought my fabric stash and of course, I had all the pink and green floral fabric I needed. It's fun to go shopping in your own sewing room, especially when all the craft stores and fabric stores are closed due to the virus. Don't they know that sewing is essential...lol


I do have a funny story. I have had this little pattern for over 20 years. I have copies of it. Do you think I could find the pattern? I spent several days looking for it. I am pretty organized and it was driving me crazy. I like this one as it has a little quilt block in the center. Well, I went over to my storage unit (close to home) and found it right on top in a tub of fabric. Don't ask...I just did a happy dance and said a little thank you prayer!


It was so fun to choose the fabrics. That's one of my favorite things to do when starting projects.


Lots of pieces waiting to go together! there are 12 pieces for each tea wallet. On of my friends said I was crazy to so such a detailed little project. I didn't think so and I know Kiki will love them.


You can see the progress in this photo. Oh, I was having so much fun.


The next step....all lined up after being sewn together. I thought they needed something in the center.


I dug out my charms! I had 8 little teapots. They are 1/2 charms so they would work. I got on Etsy and found a vender here in the USA who could send me 6 more quickly. They are very inexpensive. They arrived in just a few days. YEAH!


This is the inside of the tea wallets. They can actually hold 4 tea packets.


I added 2 tea packets...STASH tea from Oregon. There is room for Niki to add 2 more of her own choice is she wishes.


This is my very first tea wallet I made about 20 years ago. My sewing room is decorated in Mary Engelbreit colors and fabrics. I carry this in my sewing basket where ever I go.



I enjoyed the project so much and I enjoyed doing this post. Sewing and fabric makes me happy. I pray you have a good week ahead and find a little fun and joy this week. 

9 comments:

Sandi said...

What a good idea! Strawberry pomegranate tea sounds wonderful.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Oh! I adore your little tea bag keepers. I made some years ago, but I sold or gave them all away since I was always at home at tea time. Now I work in a doctor's office, and find it would be lovely to have tea away from home.

Yours came out so pretty and ladylike!

I hope you have a wonderful week making the best of this unusual season in our lives.

God bless you and yours in Jesus' name,
Laura of HarvestLane Cottage.com

My Tata's Cottage said...

All those little details make them even more special! Thank you for sharing. Made me smile to stop by but anything to do with tea, I love it. Thanks again and have a lovely week. HUGS

mamasmercantile said...

I loved them such a fun project. They would make great little gifts for posting, a little thinking of you type gift.

Szara Sowa said...

Wonderful idea! I ♥ this small tea bag keepers. Have a lovely weekend with this project.

rossana said...

Beautiful project thanks! Could you share the directions for us?

Jane said...

What a nice project! I found a quilt kit in my quilt bin when going through it earlier this week. A Dick and Jane fabric quilt. It's been fun working on the squares for it. A nice quarantine project. Thank you for all the wonderful little cards and notes you send my way. I really appreciate them, Linda.

Jane

Lady Linda said...

To Rossana...i don't know how to get in touch with you. If you leave me an email at Ladyteaore@aol.com and give me an address, I will mail you instructions. Linda Lou

Rosemary said...

These are so lovely. The color and pattern combinations are simply perfect!