Pages

Monday, April 6, 2020

Monday Made


I needed to escape for awhile from the stress and concerns of this virus. I'm not running away from the reality of this situation, I just needed a wee little break. I decided to make a few small felt items to give as little gifts as I can't go out shopping. I think it's ok to just send a little something this year.
I can go shopping in my craft cottage for my supplies and yep, I had everything I needed.


I've had these patterns for years and I really enjoyed making these little ornaments. I wish I had time to make more, but I have to get these in the mail.


I also wanted to make some cards for my dolls to send out to their doll friends. I have a little group that does a dolly card exchange. I love making these tiny cards.


I made the envelopes and little cards to go inside first. It takes time but it's not hard and I enjoy making them.


I added fun little stickers on the cards. It was fun finding supplies that matched so well.


I have some very fine pens that work pretty well for addressing the tiny envelopes. Here's the finished cards. I add them to the notes and cards I am sending off to my friends.


I have also been cooking at home. It's been good to make more frugal meals and nothing goes to waste. I had some cinnamon bread that needed to be used. I found my old recipe for bread pudding! I haven't made this for years. I am watching my carbs, but I did have a piece of this. I added dried cranberries instead of raisins. Of course, Jimmy thought it was great. We share the cooking since he retired. It works for us.


This is how it came out of the oven.


Jimmy has to have his with whipped cream. He hasn't been eating desserts so he was in heaven.
Have you been making things from your past? I'd love to hear about it. 

2 comments:

Szara Sowa said...

Lovely small items. I♥ them all . Blessings.

Kelly-Anne ♥ The Diary of a Country Girl said...

Oh, these little felt ornaments are so adorable! And the tiny envelopes are gorgeous too... You are very creative, dear Lady Linda! You're right, it is nice to take a break from the craziness and do some crafting... Or baking! Your cinnamon bread looks and sounds delicious!
Happy Wednesday... Sending hugs!