Pages

Monday, May 18, 2020

Sunday


I woke up early Sunday and did online church. I visited my old church across town this week. I miss that church.

Jim and I decided to go for a little drive. The weather was too wet and gloomy to get my flowers again. I want to get them planted. It has been pouring today, so it's just as well that my new plants are not in yet. It goes that way sometime here. Anyway, we drove up as far as we could get on the Columbia River Gorge old highway. Due to the virus, it hasn't reopened yet. This is as far as we could get, so we had to turn around.


This is a great lookout view but there was no way we could drive in to see it.  This is our world now.


We turned around and started to drive back to our house. This community had American flags flying for miles. It was neat to see.


We crossed the Sandy Bridge that goes over the Sandy River. The sun came out and it was just so pretty as we drove over the bridge.


We decided to stop at our local Dairy Queen for an ice cream cone. There was a line up for a treat. I think people needed to get out for a safe drive.


While we were waiting in line, we were happy to see that our local summer stand where we get berries and veggies was setting up again. There's a sign that says they are opening on May 23rd. Oh, that will be lovely. I'm wondering if the the berries will be ready as we haven't had much sunshine.


I asked Jim to drive though a couple open shopping centers. You can see that this one is still shut down.


The outlet mall near our home was all closed up too. Some retail shops were allowed to reopen on Friday, but not inside or outside malls. I feel bad for all the retail shops, but I'm still not ready to go shopping.

Now Oregon is in a very interesting position. A judge in Baker county, way out East with no large cities, ruled today that our Governor Brown's orders for reopening are"null and void" and her stay at home rule is over. One person is making the decision to reopen our state without any precautions. I am so shocked. The churches in Eastern Oregon sued the state for not letting them have their church services. I don't want to get into anything here, but this is all about big gatherings and infection. I'm a Christian and I understand the the desire to meet but as a Christian, I want to be respectful and do my part to keep others safe.

So, everyone is so confused and who knows what will happen. The governor is going to go to the Oregon Supreme Court to appeal.

I told my husband this morning before anything happened, well, I wonder what it will be this week? It's something new each and every week. We will just continue to do what we feel comfortable with and still plan to stay pretty much at home yet. I continue to pray for our country and for wisdom to continue day by day. 

1 comment:

mamasmercantile said...

I think that is all you can do pray for guidance and do what you think is right for you. We are living in such strange times.