Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

New Dolly


I have a sweet story to share with you. The other day, Jimmy said I hadn't gotten a new doll during the virus. I really hadn't thought about it but I had not purchased a doll. Two doll shows were canceled and I really haven't been buying dolly things.

He said I should go into my dolly/tea room and check that the window was shut for the night. When I went into my room I saw this sweet little baby doll. He had gone to an estate sale last Saturday. He told me he didn't find anything he was looking for. It was strange...one person per room and everyone had to wear a mask and gloves.


He did buy this sweet baby doll for $8. 00! He didn't know anything about it, but thought I would like the doll or the outfit!


She is soooo sweet.  We did some research and found that she is a Armand Marseille doll, made in Germany probably around 1925. She is a Bye Lo type of baby doll. She has a squeaker box inside her body but it doesn't work. Her name is Baby Phyllis. She is marked on the back of her head.


Her little white dress is in good condition and just so adorable.


Now I will be on the lookout for a dolly cradle...someday when I can leave my house. Our governor is slowly unlocking our state, but she said that festivals and gatherings that would bring a large group of people together will probably be canceled until September. We were planning to exhibit at the Portland Antique show, but I don't think that's going to happen. We will be happy when we can go antiquing again. 

6 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

She is so precious. Her dress and bonnet is gorgeous. And, all for $8. Wow! The thing I have missed most, besides the family, is antiquing.

Zacisze Lenki said...

A wonderful doll in a beautiful dress. Hugs

mamasmercantile said...

She is adorable, what a wonderful surprise for you.

Kelly-Anne ♥ The Diary of a Country Girl said...

Aww, how very thoughtful of your husband! I am so glad you have a new dolly to add to your collection, dear Lady Linda...she is just lovely! And her dress...beautiful!
We have entered a new phase of lockdown which means we can walk again each morning, something everyone is thrilled about! I have also been given a permit to return to work, so life is feeling quite normal again, although I do miss being able to get together and fellowship with others.
Sending much love your way!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

She is a pretty little doll. I'll bet she was well loved when she was younger by a young girl.
Sweet gift!
Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage

Szara Sowa said...

She is so beautiful and only 8 $! Wonderful Gift! Hugs.♥