Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Tea Time Thursday #81 The Secret Garden


Happy Tea Time Thursday! I am writing my blog post and finishing up chores before it gets too hot here in Oregon. We are in for an early summer hot spell! Jim and I are leaving on Sunday for Vermont and it looks a bit damp out that way. As I have been sharing, we are going to a big Tasha Tudor even on July 1st, so naturally, my mind and thoughts are focused on Tasha. This lovely classic book~THE SECRET GARDEN~just popped into my head and came together with a few other tea time things this week. I love this novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It's wonderful that Tasha illustrated this classic and it is one of Tasha's books that is easily found and very affordable.





Right now, my copy is living in my bookcase with some foxglove Carlton Ware. I love the green variety and have had these pieces for years. I really need to share my collection some day.


Teacups!


Some tea time pieces for a very fun summer Secret Garden party or just tea out in the garden.


When I got my recent copy of my TEA TIME magazine, they also featured a Secret Garden Tea.
I am planning to take my issue to read on the plane. I did just glance through it- it is so hard not to just stop and read it all!


I did spot this recipe for Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches. It looks good, but I just made mine last Sunday and I like mine version a bit better.


My secret ingredients is PATAK'S Sweet Mango Chutney. It is mild yet gives the mix a very yummy taste. I have also served my version in a bowl lined with salad greens and everyone always loves it.


So here is my version:

Curry Chicken Splendor~ Salad or Sandwich Filling

3 c of cooked chicken-chopped
2 ribs of chopped celery
1/4 c cashews
1 tsp curry powder
salt and pepper
2 TBLS Mango Chutney ( I often use more but it depends on your taste)
1/4 c organic mayo
1/2 c golden raisins

I mix it all up, using half of the cashews if making the salad,  cover and refrigerate for about an hour to let all the spices blend together.

Present on a bed of salad and sprinkle the remaining cashews on top if serving as a salad.

If making tea sandwiches, you will need about 6 slices of bread. Spread, cover with another slice of bread and cut into triangles. That will give you 12 sandwiches. 

No comments: