Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Tea Time Thursday #80


Happy Tea Time Thursday from Oregon. The weather is so perfect here for Oregonians...cool start, a few clouds and then glorious sunshine and temperatures in the high 70's!

Today I am featuring a teacup that I just had to keep! It is a birthday teacup and it is also decorated with  my beloved Forget-Me-Nots! I was thinking of giving this to my friend, but decided to keep it so I can share it with many friends for a birthday tea.



It's quite pretty and named Forget Me Not. It is bone china and made in England by Duchess.


I'm not sure if this is the front or the back but each side is lovely.


Last Saturday I went to tea at Myrtle's Tea House again for Ann's birthday. It is about 45 minutes away but it is my favorite tea shoppe. So many have disappeared and that makes me sad. I do understand how difficult it is to keep a tea shoppe up and runnning....a lot of work. The owner Elizabeth, does such a great job and she keeps expanding her shoppe.


\

We had our tea in the BonBon room this time...a very beautiful room!


I am sorry that my pictures didn't turn out well this time. Here is the only OK photo I got of Ann. Elizabeth came by with a tiny cake for her . She is a sweetheart.


This is our tea time treat plate. Everything was just delicious. The soup was a white cheddar with broccoli and it was heavenly. Sadly, the photo of the dessert plate was a big blur. Happy Birthday Ann and thanks for celebrating with tea.


4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

It all looks delicious. I loved the birthday cup/saucer, the forget me knots are stunning.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: happy birthday to Ana. Nice porcelain tea sets.. Very personal and elegant. We keep in touch

Denise said...

Hi Linda,Very pretty cup,so much detail with the tiny flowers.I have ran out of room to add more tea cups to My collection.I would ask Paul to put up more shelves like years ago, but I realize those days are over.I always enjoy the short time spent visiting You,wish We were neighbors. Glad You still can find shops near You,I too wish they would stay in business longer, I get so excited when I find one close enough to drive to, next time I look for it- it's gone. Let's remember to keep in touch-OX Denise

Micupoftea said...

What a great afternoon- fun with friends. Love the tea cups. The food looks delicious :)