Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Criss Cross Coasters


I finished up a little craft project for an event I will soon be attending, so I am linking up with my friend Stephanie's blog at The Enchanting Rose for her Roses of Inspiration. It's really fun to see what her blogger friends have been creating. I am fascinated with bloggers and their endless creativity and their willingness to share! Please pop on over and have some fun!


On Sunday, my Jimmy and I will be flying off to Vermont for the Tasha Tudor Gathering. This will be a large group of fans as this would have been Tasha's 100th birthday. We will have a very busy day on July 1st with a tour of Tasha's home, a craft adventure, a tea and then a doll fair.  I decided to make these little fabric CRISS CROSS quilt coasters for those attending the tea. My quilting buddy Nancy taught me how to make these little goodies. They are easy and go together quickly.


I have had this tea fabric for awhile and decided it was time to use it! You need 5 5" square pieces of fabric and thread...that's it! You don't need any batting .


There are several ways to make these little coasters. This one is called a CRISS CROSS coaster because you fold the fabric into triangles when you make them. I found a nice tutorial on
a great blog. You can see the process so nicely on Pat's Patter....just go to her tutorial section and choose CRISS CROSS COASTERS.


I like the way this coaster criss crosses, but you can make it like a regular 4 patch if you wish. It's cute done that way too.


This is one of my favorite photos of Tasha having tea. I love all the flowers from her garden, her blue and white china and her turkey red linens. So summery.


My packages all arrived for the doll fair back east! They all arrived safe and sound. I finished up getting the last little bits and pieces for the trip. Just have to pack and make that trip to the bank. Just praying that we don't hit any summer thunderstorms in Chicago and that our flight is an easy one. After getting stuck in the airport last year, I have to admit, I am a bit nervous about flying back east again. I won't be alone this year, so that makes it all better! 

8 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful coasters, I love the fabric. Have a wonderful time at the gathering and a safe trip.

janice15 said...

Lovely coasters my dear... love the fabric as well.. sounds like things will be a bit busy.. Have a lovely day with love Janice

Stephanie said...

Good afternoon, sweet friend! I was thrilled to see your pretty self at the party again - thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration.

I just love your coasters, Linda, and the fabric you used is darling! I sent you a little something in the mail yesterday so hopefully it arrives in a few days :)

Love and hugs!

The Victorian Girl said...

Cute coasters! I think someone taught those at one of our past quilt guild meetings.

How exciting to be leaving for your Tasha Tudor gathering! My sister got us tickets for the end of September. Can't wait! In the meantime, I was diagnosed with breast cancer, had a double mastectomy to be followed by chemo and reconstruction. However, that will NOT stop me from going to Tasha Tudor's!!! If you come across anything new to see while you're there, let me know. We'll be wanting to go to some antique stores.

I found Tasha Tudor's Dollhouse book last week at and estate sale--a $35 book for $2.50 on half price day. Yay!!!!

Have a great time!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The coasters are cute Linda, the women will love them - have fun on your trip!

Conniecrafter said...

these are so cute, such fun fabrics!

Micupoftea said...

Hello! What a fun trip you have planned! I hope you have a great time. Love the coasters...I've made some exactly like these and they do make a sweet gift. Cute fabric choice :)

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: fabulous fabrics. The trip will be perfect. We keep in touch