Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Tea Time Thursday #107


Happy Tea Time Thursday! Easter is almost here and spring is trying to come here in Oregon. I received a beautiful teacup in the mail today from one of my Tasha Friends....Mary. Mary lives in Virginia and I hope to meet her one day. This was not an exchange~just a lovely surprise. She also sent me the package of Peter Rabbit paper plates that I was wanting to find! Thank you Mary.


The cup is made by Royal Albert and is called the Sonnet Series. There are six different cup and saucers in the series...one to honor six different English poets....Byron, Tennyson, Chaucer, Milton,
Coleridge and Wordsworth.


My new addition honors Coleridge. Isn't it a pretty pattern?


And it does have the pattern inside the cup as I love. Now the bad thing is I want the other 5 to complete the set! Oh dear.....


It's also Dolly Time Thursday on my Tasha group, so I will share them here today too. These little ladies are all dolled up for Easter. I have been waiting to share them as they are just so perfect for spring...bonnets included.


I found this little miss at a sale about a month ago. She's a composition doll. Don't you love her bonnet? She has her basket too.


Her hair is really styled with lots of bobby pins holding in the curls.


My dear Tasha friend Melinda, gifted me with this beautiful miss. Her name is Lucinda and she is a Madame Alexander doll. I love her...all pink and pretty.


She even came with a little parasol. She has her basket too.



I hope you enjoyed my Tea Time Thursday post and my sweet gifts from friends. My Tasha Tudor friends are very special and very giving.


5 comments:

Bernideen said...

What darling dolls Linda and is that first one a Sweet Sue Doll from the 50's? I have my Sweet Sue bride doll and they look similar in the face. What a sweet friend to send you a cup and saucer! I wish you a very Happy Easter.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Your friends are very sweet, Linda! I love the forget-me-not Royal Albert tea cup - it is very special and so are the lovely little dolls all dressed up for Easter! I have just started collecting teacups and I really love Royal Albert. I hope you have a Happy and Blessed Easter! x Karen

mamasmercantile said...

You are blessed to have such lovely friends who see something and think of you. I love the cup/saucer Royal Albert is one of my favourite makers. The dolls are so special with their delightful hats and baskets all ready for Easter. Take care.

Elizabeth said...

A beautiful teacup and wonderful gift!

Kim said...

Pretty, pretty dollies. Your teacup is so lovely, it is the sweetest pattern. You are indeed a blessed gal to be gifted such a lovely teacup.