Pages

Monday, March 21, 2016

Seed Starter Pot Baskets


I had so much fun making these little Easter baskets! It was such a fun project and I was very pleased with the outcome. I know these have been around for a bit, but I have never made them before.


I started out with these pressed seed starter pots, or little peat pots. I found them at the Dollar store....how perfect! I got 12 in a package for $1.00. Do note that you may find one or two that are not good enough to use for your baskets, so you might want to buy 2 packages.


I painted the inside of each pot with acrylic paints that I had. The small foam brushes work quite well. I really liked the green color for a garden look. It's called celery.


After the paint dried, I painted the outside of the pots. The paint goes on easily and it dries quickly.


I punched a hole on each side about 1/2" down with a paper punch. Next, I added a handle. I used a lot of different things for the handles. I did use ribbon on some, but found that sprigs of spring flowers worked well when I pulled them apart and twisted them together. You could  use the fat pipe cleaners too.


After I glued lace or eyelet around the top, I let it all dry again. They I added little bows or ribbons on the sides near the punch holes. It covered the holes and added a bit of interest to the baskets.


I then filled the little gems with the fine, sparkle Easter grass. I can buy it at my local craft store all year. I thought it worked well for these.


Add whatever you wish and you have a sweet little basket. I think these would make great little May Day baskets or party favors. They would be really sweet at a tea too.

Linking up with Stephanie for Roses of Inspiration. Sadly, this will be her last party.
Linking up with Bernideen for  Bernideen's Blog Party
Linking up with Sandi for No Place Like Home

14 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

They really are beautiful, such a great idea. Love some of the lace, gorgeous.

Kim said...

Oh how pretty! Such a lovely idea filled with all that prettiness!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very sweet baskets and they would be fun for a tea party!
Easter is almost here!
warmly,
deb

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

What a great idea Linda! Those are so cute. I was thinking those would make great May Day baskets and then read at the bottom of your post that you had already thought of that! :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

These are darling, Linda! I love that you used the flower sprigs for the handles, too! What charming little gifts. Thank you for sharing them. Hugs xo Karen

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh, these Spring baskets are perfectly darling, dear Lady Linda! I love this sweet idea, and I am sure whoever receives one of these lovelies will smile a great big smile!
With much love and hugs to you...have a blessed Easter weekend celebrating our Lord and King!
Hugs,
Kelly-Anne

Szara Sowa said...

Hi Linda! Beautiful baskets. Thnaks for sharing Your inspiration. Have a blessed Easter!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Loving your little baskets. Happy Easter :)

Debby Ray said...

Linda, these are absolutely precious little baskets! Thanks for the tutorial...and Happy Easter!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, these are adorable, Linda! Pretty colours and oh, so springy! I can see them being used for many things but for Easter treats right now, they're perfect. So glad you shared with us and have a Blessed Easter, my friend!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

How sweet are these!? They are the perfect size to give to small grandchildren. Wish I had seen these before I went overboard again on the candy and goodies! So sweet for place setting gifts. The handles are so creative!

Bernideen said...

Dear Linda:
Those baskets are just so darling - who wouldn't want one of those. Now that I am here in Missouri I was thinking of making some for my grandkids. I think you have totally inspired me Linda! Thanks for sharing and linking.

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

The sweetest!! :-)

The Charm of Home said...

These are so cute!! What a great idea for a large group of children! I pinned. Following you now too.