Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Jimmy's Day~Father's Day


I found this great quote on the internet this morning and it is just so perfect for my Jimmy! He has always LOVED his children and been a wonderful father and now God has graduated him to grandpa! I think he may even love being grandpa more than being a dad. He is so taken with his grandchildren. I am thankful to have such fantastic dad for my children and grandpa for my grandchildren.


I found this little wooden sign a few weeks ago and decided it was a MUST for Jimmy's Father's Day.
He is so into his garden this year, so it is just perfect.

Since we will be celebrating Father's Day later with the girls, Jimmy wanted to drive to the coast for the day. It was a rather chilly and wet day, but we decided to go anyway. We drove to Lincoln City and then north to Tillamook and then on home. We stopped at a few antique stores and just had a great time. You can tell it was cloudy...my pictures are a bit dark.




Jimmy LOVES oysters and had been talking about them all week. We like to eat at a little restaurant at Bay City called THE FISH PEDDLER. Jimmy dined on oyster stew, oysters on the half shell and fried oysters. They were delicious and he was a happy guy....as you can see!





We really had a lovely time and I think Jimmy enjoyed his very special day.....Father's Day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: Happy Father's Day. In my country that day is celebrated on March 19. Jimmy is a great father and grandfather. Congratulations. Nice gift for your backyard. Keep in touch

La Tea Dah said...

A drive to Lincoln City and on to Tillamook --- a perfect way to spend Father's Day! Rain or shine, there's nothing like the Oregon Coast!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Your Jimmy is so sweet. It sounds like the two of you had a lovely day! Happy Father's Day to him, and I hope he has a wonderful day with the kids!
Erica :)