Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tea Time Thursday #8 Time for the Irish


Happy Tea Time Thursday! It's almost St. Patrick's Day and I feel like we have to sneak it in with Easter so early this year. I usually decorate my tea room to celebrate my Irish heritage, however, I just got my Easter decorations up today. Jim and I will be going to our daughter's for dinner on Sunday but I'll probably make our traditional St. Pat's meal for Jimmy as he loves corned beef and cabbage. My photos are a bit sad tonight, so I borrowed a great shot of this cup and saucer (at the top of the blog) to really show the great features of this cup and saucer.


We were at an Estate sale over the weekend and I spotted this beautiful cup and saucer on the table. It's so pretty with the green handle and trim. As you can see, it's a Royal Albert and a bargain at $5.00!



This little lad and lassie just appeared to dance their Irish jig to liven up the day. I think they are so sweet.



A couple friends appeared to join the fun. The handson man is made of wool and has quite the nice outfit. Even his red mittens are wool. Note the pixie or maybe a leprechaun hanging out in the tea cup.
He is a character and has to be watched....this will be his first St. Pat's Day at the Colantino Cottage. I hope he behaves himself.


My dear friend Ann was able to travel to  Ireland last year. She bought back gifts for us lucky friends from the Belleek factory. I was gifted this darling vase with clovers and basket weave. it's just so sweet.


It was another warm day here in Oregon. I was busy decorating and cleaning inside, but I did go outside to take a few snaps of some signs of spring. My neighbor's forsythia is blooming~always one of the first bloomers.


Our grass is nice and green again and our handyman Duane actually mowed it on Monday.


When I looked out my bedroom window this morning I really was surprised to see the plum tree in bloom. Less than a week until the official first day of SPRING!



8 comments:

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Linda,

We both have Spring Fever! I feel just like you, St. Patty's day has to be forced in with this early Easter. Your cup and saucer are a true find and beautiful as well!

Hugs!
Jemma

Stephanie said...

Oh look at that tea cup - how unique and fun :) And the flowers blooming are lovely. I was outside yesterday doing yard work, but it's just very muddy here. We still have a little bit of snow so I will enjoy your beautiful pictures until we start seeing more signs of Spring here in the mountains :)

Love and hugs,
Stephanie

Mrs. Crane said...

If I had known this I would have sent you a tea cup with Shamrocks on it! I happen to have one sitting on a shelf.. My brothers birthday is St. Patricks day :) I enjoy your blog so much.. seems I neevr work on mine.. I'd rather visit around others!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What a gorgeous post - love it!

I am so excited for spring but we keep getting snow - hopefully spring will be here soon!

As for your St. Pat's things, and your beautiful teacup- it is most lovely and festive!

Thanks for your visit.

Have a GREAT weekend.

Antiques And Teacups said...

I grew forsythia when we lived in Ashland a few years ago. LOVE it! Such a harbinger of spring. O love your shamrock teacups! Not like MINT!!!??? Oh dear....Somewhere, I saw someone made chocolate truffles and rolled them in green sugar crystals....Thanks for linking to Thursday Tea Things And Talk!
Ruth

Bernideen said...

Hi Lady Linda:
Looks like spring has sprung in Oregon! Jealousy isn't nice so I will try and refrain myself! Lovey post here and I am so glad you linked to Open House!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
What a sweet teacup! I love the dainty shamrocks, and it's a RA too; perfect for St. Patrick's day. No blooms to be seen around here, but soon, very soon. Thank you for sharing this at my HOME and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

I do love a good estate sale! You did very well. That is the loveliest shamrock tea cup! I adore the colors!
Spring is coming here too, lots of bulbs have bloomed and new buds are showing up on my lilac bush.
Hugs,
Terri