Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2018

45 Years of Marriage


45 years ago, on August 4th, Jimmy and I were married in the St Rose church where I was a primary school teacher. It has been quite the journey. It is hard to believe....45 years.
As I was thinking I would get back into blogging...I was wrong again. I ended up with two emergency surgeries the end of July and I am still recovering.
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine brought up the topic of marriage vows. She said her husband would never do anything against the vows he took when they married. It seems so old fashioned now, as I don't think people even think about vows. My Jimmy has always kept his vows to God and to me. He certainly learned the part about in sickness and in health this past month. How do you thank your partner for sitting the ER and holding your hand and never leaving as you wait to find out what is really wrong with you? He was always there, right there. It is so scary to be in a hospital all alone. It does force you to come to grips with things in your life, your relationship with God, your relationships with your family and friends and your faith. In the quiet, you have to face many things. I am thankful for good doctors and very kind nurses.
So now, I am recovering. That's not easy for me  either....I am not very patient. Rest rest rest.....
Yesterday, we actually went on a little outing to get me out of the house. It felt good. I did get tired and had to rest along the way, but it was grand to just be out of the house.
So thank you dear Jimmy for taking care of me all these years. I am blessed with a good husband.
Happy Anniversary Jimmy. 

9 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

Aww...❤ what a precious tribute to your wonderful husband of 45 years, congratulations!
Rest is such a hard thing to do as we ladies seem to be always on the go, but it is a critical part of our healing. I've always believed that rest is the best healer, though I too struggle with it at times, especially when I begin to feel better.

God bless you and Jimmy with many more wonderful years together.❤

Szara Sowa said...

Darling Linda & Jimmy! It's wonderful day 45 wedding anniversary. I am sending You the best wishes many still of shared years in happiness and much health for both of You. I hope that every day You will feel better. God bless You. Teresa.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a lovely tribute. Many congratulations for 45 years of marriage, wishing you both many more happy years together. My goodness, I do hope you are on the road to recovery. You will be in my prayers.

Creations By Cindy said...

Hope that you are feeling much better and will pray for a total recovery for you. Congratulations on your 45th wedding anniversary. That is commitment Linda. This younger generation has no clue what the word means. What a praise to our Lord you have. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Sandra said...

A big Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary. That is such a wonderful thing to share about. I will keep you in my prayers about your health. I do hope you will be feeling much better soon. Take care.

Stephanie said...

Oh Linda, congratulations on 45 years of marriage! What a joy and blessing! Not to mention a wonderful example to young couples. My husband and I have been married for 11 blessed years and each year gets only sweeter and sweeter.

Thinking of you, my wonderful friend. I received your email and will write soon. Thank you for letting me know what has been going on in your life. Love you and know that I am praying for you!

tierneycreates said...

Congratulations - you did get a good one!

Pamela said...

Best Wishes Always To You And Yours.


Hubby and I have been married 47 years.

Sandra said...

I am so happy to say Happy 45th Anniversary to you both. Congratulations! Something for you to be very proud of.