Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Tea Time Thursday #93


Good afternoon from a lovely fall day way out west in Oregon. We are having a little break from our much needed rain today. I wasn't feeling super this morning, but after bible study, I felt just fine. We have been trying to find a new leader for our group and today was our first day back after summer. Diana kindly agreed to be our new leader. We are still finishing up our Beth Moore study on Daniel.
Anyway, I am so thankful to be going to our Thursday morning study once again.


I love quail. A few weeks ago, I found this delightful brown transferware cup and saucer when LaVonne was out visiting. It's quite simple but I found it enchanting. When Jimmy and I used to go over to the Deschutes River in Central OR, the quail would come down the hill every afternoon like clockwork. It was so fun to watch them, especially the mama's with their little babies.


Yes, the pattern goes around the inside of the teacup...a favorite feature! I love that this is a pair of birds.



It is stamped Furnivals Quail 1913 Made in England. I did find some other pieces on the internet, but
not sure I should go there!



I decided to have a tea time treat today to celebrate this beautiful autumn day. I didn't make this brownie. We are very lucky to have a great bakery in one of our local grocery stores. They sell little treats that are so perfect for tea time. I only nibbled on a bit of it, so will finish the rest of it for an after dinner dessert.


By the way, these two wonderful mats are perfect for fall and perfect for me. LaVonne brought them out when she came to visit. She said they looked like me and oh yes, I do agree!

I hope you are having a lovely day and maybe had time for a tea time break. 

5 comments:

Bernideen said...

Those rugs are darling. Homespun looking! Very nice of your friend!

Lilac Cottage Homestead said...

Loved the cute tea cup!! Very Sweet!! God bless

Kelly

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Oh, your quail cup and saucer is wonderful! I love quail too and had a porcelain quail planter that was so pretty in a Fall vignette. It sold though :-( I love those mats....so Fall and rustic looking. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Denise said...

I wonder if You know that Your blog is one, if not My favorite place to visit.I seem to like so many of the same things You do.Well,ok yes I don't sew or quilt.I love the tea cup and Your pretty table setting.OX Denise

Susan said...

Hi Linda....Looks like it was a lovely tea time at your house. Yum yum brownie. I would have gobbled up the whole thing. ha haha Hope your weekend is lovely. Susan