Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Pumpkin Moonshine Day-Halloween!


I like to call Halloween ~Pumpkin Moonshine Day~ after Tasha Tudor's delightful book also called Pumpkin Moonshine. It was her first book and was published in 1938!


A busy day doing shopping and planning for our upcoming quilt retreat this week. Peggy and I got alot done and I am beginning to get excited. I can't share too much yet as I don't want to spoil the fun.
I have been blessed with so many friends and I want to share some gifts I received recently.
My friend Sha sent this felted potholder. She appreciates handmade items and has such good taste in the gifts she chooses. I love it and it's bright and playful colors.


One of my Tasha friend in Topeka KS-Jan-sent me a wonderful pinkeep that she made. She is quite a
quilter and her work is just perfect. The tiny quilt block in the center is darling. I will cherish this forever.

As I was leaving the antique show on Sunday, Kelley, who was next to our booth last summer, gave me this little beauty. Her mother made some for her to sell at the show. So cute... thanks Kelley, it was so fun to see you again and I loved your booth! Her little boy Wilder was there off and on. One night he was crying when they left because he didn't want to go home. Now that's the way to bring up the next generation.
Halloween is almost over and we only had a handful of Trick- or -Treaters. It sure isn't a fun night like it was when I was growing up. Memories...
Well, on to Thanksgiving!

No comments: