Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Thursday Dolly Day


So here it is Thursday already! We have been spending so much time working in the yard. I was sick so many summers and had surgeries and then last summer we were gone for 2 weeks. Our yard has been neglected for 5 years. With sheltering in so much, we have been working on the yard and gardening. Jimmy has taken an interest in it again, so it's been something we can do together. I just forgot how much time it takes and how little time you spend inside when you work outside!

My doll came.  I got another one of the Tudor china heads that were once sold at the Enchanted Dollhouse in Vermont. I used the rest of my Etsy Mother's Day gift card for her. She was put together and is a bit larger. She came with her dress and pantaloons.


Her name is Emma. She is about 15".



I did make her a little slip using a larger item vintage item. It already had the pin tucks and I added the tiny lace.


I didn't like the collar, so I tacked it down inside. I also turned down the belt and added a little button to change the look. I added some lace along the bottom for a bit more length.



I do love the under sleeves. I need to add these to some of my doll dresses.


So here is her dress with the changes. I think it's much better around her neckline as you can see her face.


Here's the family!


Emma


Sally


Meg

Nell

My Tasha friend told me there was one more...Molly. I found her on a Tasha Tudor book site...the Cellar Door in CT. I know the owners and they are sending her to Portland tomorrow. I will have to make the doll's body and her clothes. I think she is larger too. It will be fun.

I hope you are all well. The doll world is a bit of a pause from all the sad things happening in our world. I am still trying to be safe. 

3 comments:

Szara Sowa said...

Emma is beautiful. I like also amendments which you did by the dress. Now you have beautiful dolly family. Hugs.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your new Emma, and all the family too! They are all dressed so fine. I also like the undersleeves.

Urszula Cz.Nardello said...

Beautiful <3 I love the china dolls but I have only one...similar to your Nell. I love this kind of dolls <3