Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Kindness of a Dear Friend


Here we are...it's Saturday and another week has almost slipped on by. Staying home and away from others is hard. It is what we need to do right now. I was really kind of blah yesterday, along with most of my family and friends. I keep saying we will have good days and we have bad days. But just think of those who are putting their own lives at risk everyday to try and save the lives of others. Staying at home is easy compared to that sacrifice. I pray for their protection and am so thankful for so many.

I received this wonderful card via snail mail the other day. My good friend Bernideen sent it to me. She is very crafty and makes wonderful things to send to others. It just cheered me up so much. When I was recovering from surgery, she also sent me a delightful box of goodies. She is a cherished friend. We have never met. I so hope that will happen in the future.


Of course she included a packet of tea! Who doesn't need a cup of tea in the afternoon?


She had a tea shoppe in Denver before her hubby and her moved to MO when they retired. She has the most yummy recipes. This one just makes my mouth water.


I so appreciated this enclosure that was tucked in the card....so positive and some great ideas.

So I hope you are doing ok and are staying home and being safe. So thankful for the internet and being able to keep in touch. 

Thank you so much Bernideen! 

4 comments:

Kelly-Anne ♥ The Diary of a Country Girl said...

Oh, what a sweet and thoughtful gift from your friend! I can imagine how it cheered you to receive such a lovely package... Hope your Sunday is a blessed one, Lady Linda. Sending hugs!

mamasmercantile said...

Such a lovely and imaginative gift. Stay safe and well.

Bernideen said...

Oh my goodnessand how sweet. I am so surprised to recognize this card! You needed it.....stay safe and healthy!

Szara Sowa said...

How nice. Stey safe. God bless You. ♥