Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tea Time Tuesday # 168...Another Day With Ava


Ava was over today, so I didn't have time for tea. One of my Tasha Tudor friends was asking to see some of our tea cozies. I was working down in my sewing cottage with Ava, so I was looking at some of my ME tea things. I love this book. It's really just so charming. I never tire of it.


A great Jane Austen quote with a wonderful illustration by Mary Engelbriet.


Summer means more time babysitting for Grandma Linda. I had Ava today and Otto tomorrow. I love being a grandmother, but I sure get tired out.


This is my tea cozy that I made years ago. It's my favorite pattern for a homemade tea cozy.
I have made many of these but I have given most away as gifts.


This is my funny tea cozy. She is more like a doll. Her head is painted on a large wooden bead like object. She makes me smile.


 
When Ava arrived this morning, I decided to make stamp shortbread cookies with her. It fun to watch her in the kitchen. She enjoys it and even knows how to clean up.


Ready for the oven!


They turned out great and they are so good with tea. They are almond flavored.


I also wanted to start teaching Ava to sew on the machine. She has done a bit of handwork. Her other grandma sews, but Ava wasn't to interested to do it with her. I made a big deal about her doing so well and we made a simple pillowcase. It's a beginning. She was really proud of it.
Soo

3 comments:

Szara Sowa said...

Your tea cozys are beautiful. I ♥ Your tea cozy doll.
You are wonderful grandma to Ava and Otto. Have a nice days with them. Blessings. :)

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

I love Mary Englebreit too! And tea parties! So nice to spend the day with your sweet grandgirl, I know she'll always remember these days and wonderful things you teach her. I think her pillowcase is very pretty and the cookies look so good! My grands like to make cupcakes, most recently, we made Butterbeer cupcakes for a Harry potter themed party! joy the rest of your summer!
Back-to-school time is coming too fast!

Sandra said...

Lindas bolachinhas! Feliz domingo!