Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Gathering Fabric on my New England Trip


I am a total fabric nut! I love fabric...vintage fabric, new fabric, recycled fabric, estate sale fabric, antique store fabric...you name it,! I can assure you that i am going to look at it and probably be tempted to rescue it or buy it and just take it home with me. I adore fabric.

A year ago, my friend Melinda talked with me about making her A is for Annabelle quilt. She has been so kind to me, so I decided to offer to make her quilt for her when I was visiting again this year. She agreed to send it home with me and I hope to work on it this winter. The fabrics were made by the RJR fabric company for the Tasha Tudor family. The sweet fabrics are just darling. I missed getting a kit for myself, but I have been buying fabric when I can find it, so I hope to make my own quilt in the future. I actually have an idea roaming around in my head.

This is a close up of the a quilt that someone posted on Pinterest of the quilt. Pretty cute.


This is what the finished quilt will look like using the kit. It should be fun and I don't think it will be too hard. Yes, I do have a BIG winter project ahead. Yeah....


When I was shopping at the Rookery, the Tasha tudor gift store, I asked if they had any fabric. They had a bit upstairs, but I had to wait for all the shoppers to be checked out before they could take me upstairs to look at what they had in stock. I was happy to wait. This is what I was able to get! Not all of it is from the A is for Annabelle collection, but I bought what I liked.




 As Jim and I traveled on through Vermont after the Tasha Tudor event, we stopped at the Norton House quilt shop. I did get to stop there last year and it was the only quilt shop I got to go to on our trip. I couldn't resist a variety of fall fabric...another weakness. This is a beautiful fat quarter packet I bought.




I was really excited to find this pattern. I have been looking for a cute pillow pattern that would allow me to use a vintage or new embroidered center. This is perfect!


 I found a neat printed set to do some embroidery work in turkey red...great for a small wall hanging, pillows or small quilt.


I also found this cute little pattern for Ms Mouse. I just liked it and thought it would be a fun project.


We visited a lot of antique shops on our trip too and I found these two coordinating fabrics in a dollar bin. They aren't old, but I just liked the colors and the print.


I found this piece of fabric at the same shop...just so Deerfield!


 One of the antique shop had this lovely set of vintage quilt blocks, all sewn by hand. I always want to rescue quilt blocks. The colors are too cool.


I also love little dolly quilts. This little charmer just jumped into my arms.  I do love this time period too.


This is a little pillow sham made during the 30's or 40's. It's a Dresden plate, sewn on with a black blanket stitch. Theses fabrics make me happy!


So as you can see, I found a nice assortment of fabric on my trip. I think I should be set for awhile.

Don't forge to pop over to the my friend Heather's blog if you are interested in Tasha Tudor. Her button is on my sidebar. 

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sweet friend, what gorgeous fabrics! How I would love to go fabric shopping with you {{smiles}} I have missed you, dear friend....I hope your summer has been lovely.

Thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful week. Love and hugs!

mamasmercantile said...

What stunning fabrics, I have fabric envy they are all so beautiful.

The Victorian Girl said...

Oh yes, I always have to check out the quilt shops when we are traveling. Even after retiring from 15 years of working in one, I still love to visit them because they all have their own personality. Of course, I don't NEED any more fabric, but that's beside the point! I bought a couple of pieces of the Tasha Tudor fabric when it came out and am "saving" it. You know how that goes!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

fabric swoon!!!!!!! I bet that finished quilt we be gorgeous!

Lady Jane said...

You found some excellent fabric. I love the little mouse project, that is soooo cute. You will have lots to keep you busy.