Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tea Time Thursday # 64 Valentine's Day is Almost Here



Valentine's Day is almost here! Are you ready? I have been shopping and packing and mailing all week. We have three birthdays this month, so I have to keep up with it all.
I found this sweet little vintage Valentine card at a sale a few weeks ago. I had to have it for my Tea Time Thursday post today. She sends you all Valentine wishes on this Tea Time Thursday.


Yes, I did track down a few more red transferware cup and saucers. I also found these on Etsy. They are older and are heavy but charming. They fit right in with the on going collection, don't you agree?



This one was made in England sometime between 1890 and 1912. It is clearly marked Charles Allerton & Sons England. The design is pleasant. I especially like the inside of the cup and the boarder on the saucer.




The second one is a bit larger and is also Made in England, however, I cannot make out the name on the marking. It's an interesting cup and saucer with a nice pattern.




Happy Valentine's Day to my Tea Time Thursday readers. More to come towards on Saturday!


5 comments:

Bernideen said...

What wonderful cups and saucers and so very old. I love these for Valentines Day as they have so much more character and charm!

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful cups and saucers, perfect for Valentines due to the lovely colour. Have a wonderful weekend.

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Happy Valentines Day to you Lady Linda! Your two new cups are very pretty and fit in perfect with your transferware collections.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful, charming, and so festive for Valentine's Day :) Speaking of which... May you have a lovely Valentine's Day, sweet friend. Love to you!

The Victorian Girl said...

What pretty cups and saucers! I'd like to start a small collection of red and white transferware teacups and saucers each one with a different design too. And of course, I'd have to have a teapot to go with them!
Happy Valentine's Day to you!