Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Tea Time Thursday #44


Last weekend I was at an estate sale and spotted this teapot and the demitasse cup and saucer. They have that English look that I just love! It has flowers, little ladies, cottages and gardens. I'm not sure if there is a word for this "look" but I love it. I mixed it with a few goodies I had already and It just all goes together and makes me happy!


The teapot has the cutest shape! I couldn't get my eyes off of it. I couldn't find a price, so I asked the lady working the sale. She said it had a little chip under the lid and said, $5. I was just looking at it and was going to take it and she said, oh how about $3!  Yes! It is adroable.


I just love the little cup and saucer. I'm such a sucker for cottages and this one has a thatched roof too!
I had the cake plate and have used it many times for tea. It has been a favorite for years.



Such a pretty lady in her garden. These pieces often have blue trim...another selling point!




I also was able to buy this lovely cottage small table cloth that just matches perfectly and was in such
good condition. It goes well with the teacup embroidered little napkins I already had in my collection.

Of course, I just couldn't leave this sweet book of poems there! It was first printed in 1913. My copy is from 1916. It is filled with interest poems with helpful messages for the reader.



Happy Tea Time Thursday! It continues to be hot here in Oregon. I have been drinking more iced tea than hot tea. I miss my afternoon tea times with Jimmy. COLD beverages are in order these days. Stay cool.

10 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

What a beautiful tea time today, those thatched cottages are a real delight and very typically English. My favourite today just had to be the linen, now that was just perfection, a real gem. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful post this a.m.
I adore that tea pot; can't believe the great price!
The cup/saucer, cake plate, tablecloth are all just beautiful together. Hot in Georgia too; many of my blog friends have talked of sleeping in flannel this last week!
Wishing you a wonderful day.
Mildred

Sylvia said...

Love the teacup napkins! Your cottage items are really pretty.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: great purchases. Beautiful dishware tea. Hot in Spain too. Keep in touch

Maureen Wyatt said...

You have outdone yourself with this lovely tea setting today!

Stephanie said...

Dearest Linda, your tea time is just what I needed this morning :) Everything is delightful and the tea pot and tea cup are both so beautiful!

Thinking of you, my friend. Love and hugs!

Susan said...

Ohhhhhhh, so pretty, Linda. That's such an adorable tea pot.

I wouldn't mind living in one of those little thatched cottages, would you? Susan

Jocelyn said...

Wow what a beautiful tea set. Everything is so lovely.

Valerie said...

Dear Linda,
Just wanted to thank you for dropping by my blog and for following along. I popped over to see yours, and I am so glad I did. What a lovely blog you have! I love tea sets and yours is absolutely lovely! And that tablecloth is just gorgeous. Looking forward to following along.
Blessings, Valerie

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Linda, I am swooning here! Your newest finds are so precious. I can't believe the teapot was such a deal at $3!! I love cottage scenes, too, and I'm going to be looking for some. This sweet little setting is my cuppa tea!!