Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Rainy Wednesday


We have had several cloudy summer days and now we have had some rain. We need the rain as it's been very dry here in Oregon this summer. I am taking today to catch up on some computer work and blog work. I don't mind a few days to stay in and I enjoy a bit of a break from watering the flowers and our little veggie garden. Jimmy's garden is gifting us with tomatoes, onions and cukes now! It's so nice to go out and find a few goodies for our salads, fresh from the garden.

We had a very busy week! We did a lot of babysitting our little Otto and his big party was on Sunday. I will post pictures on his actual birthday- July 25th.  Last Friday, we just wanted to take a little drive and have a fun day. That's what you can do when you are retired! We drove up to Richfield WA, about a half hour from home. There's a darling little cafe and bakery there that we really enjoy. It's called the Pioneer Street Cafe and Bakery. They are known for their Mac and Cheese and that's what Jimmy ordered! it is pretty cheesy.


I had the most delightful Sangria! It was made with a Washington Riesling, so no wonder it was so good.


You just can't leave without a treat or two from the bakery. Look at that smile on Jimmy's face! Their scones are to die for...I choses apricot and walnut and I do believe it was the best scone I have ever tasted.I am thankful they are a drive away from home.




A really nice man stopped to take our picture for us. I think we look pretty happy here. It was such a pretty day and a fun day!


Isn't the sky just the perfect blue? This is a little church in the small town where couples get married. It's really darling and in a lovely spot.


Someone's garden in town. It was just so cute and growing like crazy. We were just driving around on our way out.


These are the things I love about summer. It's just fun to get in the car and take a drive. We both worked for so long and never had the weekends off together. It is a treat to be retired and have good health that allows us to really enjoy life. I am thankful for this time.

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

You look so happy together, my husband and I are blessed in that we could take early retirement. We too have some lovely trips out together and spend time on hobbies and crafting that we never had time for before.

Denise said...

Good to see the both of You :) Paul and I like those types of outings too.favorite days for Us.We've been doing so much extra babysitting lately(due to new job for a daughter) We haven't been taking outings lately.Enjoy Your time together,I think the 4 of Us would enjoy going out on a "double date"

Stephanie said...

Awww... you and your darling are just too cute together - I LOVE the picture of the two of you :)

Looks like a fabulous time, my friend. Sending love and hugs your way.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: you're lucky. Being healthy is very important. Great husband. Nice pictures of your ride. Keep in touch