Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

You're An Angel Marni


My friend Marni gave me this Jim Shore figurine in 2008 for Christmas. Tea and quilting, what a nice combo! She wrote a sweet message on the bottom which I think is such a great idea. 
Marni lives in Maupin Or on the Deschutes River and she is the one who got me into quilting. A cute story for another time. 


When her mom Gloria came to visit me recently with my other quilting friend Peggy, she gave me a little gift from Marni. The little box was wrapped in a pretty floral fabric and tied with ribbon. 
This sweet Willow Creek angel was inside! Another teapot angel. 


Thank you so much Marni. I keep them both by my bedside and think of you when I see them. 

They also remind me of a favorite scripture verse----

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so, some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
Hebrews 12:3

Something to think about...

6 comments:

Denise said...

Oh how I love both of them and I own the smaller one.Had to just buy it for Myself when it first came out-I do that sometimes ; ) I'm gathering up your little surprise a little at a time,until I'm happy with it.Thank You for always remembering Me.Denise

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: beautiful angels. Keep in touch

Barbara F. said...

I have both of these statues, and they are on display all the time. The Jim Shore angel was in a blog post of mine in late 2011. I am looking at the Willow angel in my hutch right now. Love them. xo

Susan said...

Lovely gifts for a lovely lady! Susan

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Lovely tea Angels, Linda and so thoughtful of your friend! I have a Willow garden angel and have given Jim Shore angels as gifts. They are wonderful. Hugs xoxo

The Old Parsonage said...

What a kind and caring soul - she's so sweet to think of you with a rememberance!

Love the scripture!