Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Clark County Garage Sale


This weekend was the Clark County Garage Sale in Ridgefield, WA, which is about 35 minutes from our home. We went last year and wanted to go again. The weather was supposed to be really hot this weekend and I just wasn't going to go if the temps were in the 90's! When we woke up this morning, it was actually misting when we had our coffee outside! I think the weatherman was wrong. We decided to go and we were hoping that it wasn't going to rain. The sky was a bit dark at times and the computer said we had a 30% chance in the afternoon.


Most of the booths are outside and they rearranged everything this year, so it there was a lot more open space. It wasn't as crowded.


As you can see, the sky was a bit threatening at times!


All of a sudden, the sun broke out and it started to get warm as we were almost finished.


Jim found quite a few things for his show in October....big smile! We really had a good time.


Here's a few of my treasures. Some will be for Etsy, but some will be for Linda Lou! This little friendship quilt top was in great shape and was only $2! It was my greatest bargain today. I found a lovely set of hand pieced quilt block too. I've been collecting little metal irons for my cottage and found a great one by the Ohio Toy Company.


Jim looks for interesting wooden items. Here's his two favorite items from the show. The wooden box type item is for gardening. Your tools can go in the sides and the pad in the center is stuffed with horse hair and is for kneeling when working in the garden. It has brass nails and is in great condition.


This duck piece folds out and is a duck decoy. It is just wonderful...three painted ducks. If we had a great big long table, it would make a great centerpiece with fall leaves and pumpkins. It would be fabulous with the Spode Woodland dishes.


It was really fun and we sure found some fun items for our business....and a few personal items for ourselves.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I like your purchases. I see that in the end the sun shone. I like this type of market. I always find interesting products and cheap price .. Keep in touch

Bernideen said...

You did find some terrific and interesting items!!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Great things! The gardening box is fantastic!
I'm glad you had a fun day with your honey! :)
Erica

Susan said...

Hi Linda...So happy you and Jimmy had fun and got some new treasures. Great job! Susan

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh that looks like a great show! Glad you both found some new fun things.

Maureen Wyatt said...

I just love the thrill of the hunt and you found some really interesting items! I think the duck decoy is my fave and you are right about how great it would look on a fall table.