Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Tea With Friends and Teacup Thursday # 80


My dear friend Natalie moved into her home about a year ago. It is her first home and she has been wanting me to visit. She invited me to tea on Monday. I picked up my other dear friend Ann on the way which gave us even more time to chat and catch up. Natalie loves fall almost as much as I do and went all out with her tea menu. Isn't the plate just lovely?


Ann is wearing red and Natalie is wearing fall colors. I had to quickly take the picture as Natalie doesn't like to have her picture taken. We had a great time talking and talking and talking!


Then she brought out the desserts and oh my! We had to take a break and come back for the sweets later. Everything was yummy and so beautiful. Ann looks pretty serious her surveying the treats!

I missed Miss Spenser's Teacup Thursday last week. This week, as fall slips away and Thanksgiving will soon be here, I am featuring my favorite turkey teacup. It's by my beloved Johnson Brothers. I love the busy border and the rich brown colors of this pattern. I have the plates and some serving pieces that match.My most cherished piece is the large turkey platter.





It's called Wild Turkeys Native American-Windsor Ware Johnson Brothers...Made in England.


I know that the Christmas season is almost here and I will be packing up my fall decorations soon. I get sad when I have to say good bye to my autumn things as fall really is my favorite season. Some of you have shared that you are tired of the fall colors. It was a gorgeous day here in Oregon, so I went outside this afternoon to snap a few pictures of some of my flowers that are still blooming...just for those of you who are tired of fall. Enjoy.......






7 comments:

janice15 said...

Lovely post, looks like tea was wonderful....it's always nice to be with friends...Have a great day..with love Janice

Susan said...

Oh, Linda, everything looks terrific.

You must have had a great time.

And how nice to spend precious hours with dear friends.

Thanks for sharing. Great photos, too! Susan

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
Everythng looks wonderful and I know you gals had a fabulous time! I haven't been to a tea room in quite some time and I miss it. They are all closed here on the Island now so I will have to wait until next summer. Your turkey teacup is really pretty and how perfect for the holiday! Thank you for sharing and have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Denise said...

Hi Linda!You have some lovely and interesting post's. I just read the last 3.I felt I could just keep scrolling down.Thank you for your good wishes for My new granddaughter.Today is the baby shower.How much fun you've been having!Retreats,tea parties,just so wonderful.Hugs Denise

Anonymous said...

My Lady Linda - What an amazing dessert tray of tea treats - just for the three of you! Looks like it was a lovely teatime and hope you had your fill of sweets. The Wild Turkey Johnson Brothers set has a lovely old world feel to it - I think that is why I like their works so much. A favorite maker. Now, do stop back to catch my post from today with some details and photos from my daughter's wedding yesterday - that is why I missed teatime this past week. Hope to have more up later this week for teatime, too!
Joy!
Kathy

theromanticrose said...

Anche tu hai passato dei bei momenti con amiche,con thé e dolci!Che bello!Bacioni,Rosetta

xinex said...

Oh wow! Those desserts are to die for. I can just imagine the good times you had chatting and eating. I love your teacup set, so pretty!...Christine