Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October and Teacup Thursday #75

Happy October! It's so hard to believe that the 10th month of the year is now here! I love October, it has to be one of my most favorite months. My first born Angela celebrates her birthday this month. I will never forget how excited I was when my doctor told me I was going to have a baby in October. She was due Oct. 23 but arrived on Oct. 22nd. That was almost 36 years ago....amazing.
It's still so nice and warm here in Oregon, but it has been getting a bit colder and when the sun goes down in the evening, you can feel the fall air. I decided to take some pictures of my outside decorations as the weather was so nice.



I love my pumpkin man who greets visitors at my front door! Clear Moon Frost Soon...............


I'm back to bible study on Thursday mornings and it's my turn to take treats. I decided to make spiced cupcakes with a burnt butter icing, like my mom used to make for us when we were kids. The house smelled so yummy.


Here's the finished product, ready for tea time. I made some extras for my hubby as I'm trying to be good and cut out the sugar and carbs for awhile. So hard!


So, it's my 75th Teacup Thursday! WOW...3/4th the way to # 100. My teacup for Miss Spenser's Teacup Thursday is a rather simple one with just the right colors for October. It's marked Phoenix  China T F & S Ltd. Made in England. The design is done with a raised paint.



Happy Autumn and welcome to this new month of October. What do you enjoy about October?



2 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your teacup is really pretty. Love the pointed, deco -style handle. The cupcakes sound yummylicious, too. How warm is it? I'll be in wa tomorrow and am trying to figure out what to put in my suitcase.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Phoenix is such a great manufacturer! I have a deco enamel paint teacup for today as well. I love your fall decorations! The cupcakes sound wonderful! I think it's time for something pumpkin for tea....
Ruth