Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Reuniting with an old friend!

Recently, Jim and I went to an estate sale and I heard a familiar voice...Bonnie! She was one of my card and gift reps from my years in retail. I haven't seen her for years and had lost track of her. She was helping the gal who was running the sale. Bonnie went through some hard times about a year ago with cancer, but she's doing well and looked good. I was so thrilled to see her.


The last time I talked to her, she was really interested in learning how to quilt. She told me she was quilting and was working on a quilt called Cinco de Mayo. She ran out to the car to get her blocks to show me. Now remember, she has only been quilting about a year! I was so impressed!





These are paper pieces and just so bright and fun! She was so excited to share her quilting with me. This is way out of my comfort zone, but it was just so interesting, I decided to track down the book.
I checked on Amazon and found it.....and ordered it. I want to try something really different.  




I'm going to try to make mine in the pink and purple shades...we'll see. I may have to call Bonnie for help! She has a very good sense of color and is very artistic.  I'm excited to try something new.
Thanks Bonnie for sharing your great quilt blocks. 

"Hold a friend dear with both your hands." African Proverb


4 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

I am so curious about what it is you are sending to me. I can't wait to find out. :-)
Your friend is making such beautiful quilt blocks. Good gracious she is working on some really complicated ones!! I have quilted for a few years and I don't think I would be brave enough to try those.

ornamentsbypink said...

Isn't it nice to run into an old friend! The quilt blocks look lovely and I bet they will look pretty in pin and purple. (Pink is my favorite color).
Mary

Susan said...

Your friend's quilt is going to be absolutely GORGEOUS, Linda. I love bright and cheerful colors. Susan

Terra said...

These quilts look vibrant and make me smile. The colors are so happy.