Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

February



The new month has been here for days and I haven't posted anything!
LaVonne and Kristen will be here for their Tasha Valentine's visit and break from their winter weather in less than a week! So much to do to prepare.
My theme for this year of JOY is the Joy of Family and Friends which I think is perfect for February. Now I have to enjoy my preparations and my company and not get too caught up in the planning and cleaning.
I mailed off all my Tasha Tudor Valentine exchange items on Monday and have begun to receive some here already. Thirteen ladies are participating this year and it is just so much fun. I will post pictures of my creations later as I don't want to give away the surprise.
Yesterday was spent with dad. We had a nice afternoon chatting as I caught up his laundry. He is so pleasant. Jim came over and we had dinner together. Chicken pot pie...yummy.
I am also planning out the Valentine tea for my friends. Clarice and her girls will be coming too. I am a bit nervous as Clarice is the most wonderful cook I know. I know she will enjoy my efforts and time spent with friends. I need to start collecting the tea cups, tea pots and all the tea party accessories that I will need for this pretty tea.
The weather has improved and Duane will take out some very overgrown box woods today. We will be able to see our charming storage units! I prefer to call them my storage cottages.
I finished hand quilting a small quilt that I had found at the bins. Oh my, hand quilting is hard. I would love to find someone to mentor me. I must work on that as it is such a desire to learn it well. Practice practice.

2 comments:

LaVonne said...

I told her not to fret, Clarice! If you don't like it, I'll eat it! LOL!
And Linda, I know you want everything perfect, but please don't make yourself sick over it. We need you well to wait on us! ;0) You know I am kidding you.
I am calling the storage units the twin mini bins!
I can't wait to get there!

Angie said...

Linda! I hope you all have a wonderful visit. I will be with you in spirit. And anything you cook will be wonderful because if will have been made with love. It sounds corny but it's absolutely true!

Hugs to you. LaVonne too!

Love, Angie

ps-And thank you for the intriguing little package.....waiting until tomorrow to open it. You're so sweet..xoxo

pps-I love the photo on this post!