Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thoughts on life


I went to Olympia Washington yesterday with members of my family to attend the funeral of my cousin Cathy's husband....Jim Conolly. He had battled cancer for a year. The church was filled as this man had lived quite a life. He was a lawyer but not the typical type that we often think of when we hear the title. Kind and giving and fun loving. I wish I had known him. It's funny how years slip by and we become so very busy that we never get to know someone. I felt badly as I sat in the beautiful church and listened to the kind words spoken by his family and friends. Well done good and faithful servant-you ran a good race.
My cousin is so sad-the days head will be long for her. She has her first grandchild coming in April, so that circle of life really does go on. JOY is coming dear cousin.
I was happy to reunite with some of my cousins. This is my mother's side-Smith-and sadly, they could never get along. It was wonderful to see that the nasty cycle has been broken and our generation will be remembered differently. We talked of having a gathering this summer. We need a happy time to be together and walk in the sunshine.
It snowed a bit last night and more may greet us later in the upcoming week. It is winter.
Winter allows us time to reflect on life...does it not? Take peace, take joy.

1 comment:

Jan said...

You are so right, time goes by way too fast. So glad to read that the family is getting together again. We had a break in the family, on my mothers side too for many years. It has been mended for several years and I am so thankful. We are all close now. Blessings to you and your family.