Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Review ~ Things I Made


So, I shared earlier that I was making Valentine cards. I love to make my own. Usually, our Tasha Tudor group has an exchange, but this year we just didn't set one up. Several of us just did it anyway, as it has been our custom for many years. I just love cards and love to send them anyway. I love to start with a pile of pretty papers, doilies, ribbons, embellishments...just fun stuff. I usually have an idea in my head and it just changes a bit and becomes my annual Valentine. It's just fun for me.

 

Bits and pieces waiting to become pretty Valentines! It fun to just go through all your craft and sewing items and see what you can find!


A few years ago, my friend Nancy gave me a set of scissors for cutting paper. Boy, do they come in handy...very helpful. I am a messy worker!


I have become fascinated with silhouettes lately and just had a cameo silhouette thing roaming around in my head. This is what just developed.


I wanted to send a little candy treat to go with my theme. I couldn't find anything ready made, so had to make my own. Years ago when my girls were little, my friend Molly and I got into making candies with candy melts. I kept all my molds and found the cameo ones~PERFECT!


I melted the white candy melts and carefully painted the inside of the cameo mold. After it hardens in the fridge, you fill in the mold with the pink candy.

The finished product....pretty little candy cameo and other Valentine candies. Success!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thankyou so much. Everything was beautiful. I had no idea you made the candy, so clever. Happy belated Valentines. Hope you are better soon, but at least you get a chance to rest. Love you.

Terra said...

I came over from Stephanie's blog to say hi, and wow, I love your hand crafted cards and the matching cameo candies.

Annesphamily said...

I accidentally found your blog and I adore cameo's so this candy recipe caught my eye! What a delight! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!

Stephanie said...

Your Cameo candies are amazing! They look too pretty to eat :) I
enjoyed scrolling through all of your gifts - what lovely items. I really like the white tea pot and the poem was too funny :)

I was sorry to hear you weren't feeling well :( I hope you are back to yourself soon! If I were a doctor I would prescribe hot tea, chocolates and cookies, and a good book - enjoy and relax! :)

Hugs to you,
Stephanie

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

The cameo cards and chocolates are so perfect for Valentine's Day and so pretty! What a lovely gift! I hope you are feeling better soon. xoxo

Terri said...

I enjoyed reading your Valentine card making post! They are so fun to make! I adore your silhouette cards! They look so romantic and lovely!
Hugs,
Terri