Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY


Happy Valentine's Day! I hope your day is filled with LOVE and all the ones you love most!

I decided to make a special breakfast for Jimmy this morning as we planned to go out for an early dinner. I usually have a Valentine tea, but it seemed like breakfast would be a fun change and work out better with our plans for the day. I had to my charity sewing this morning and so I set the table last night and got up early. I don't have Valentine dishes so I had fun putting together bits and pieces.


These beautiful red goblets were a wedding gift years ago. We actually found six more a few years ago on an antique outing. We use them for Christmas too.


I've only found two sherbet dishes so far, but I'm still looking for more. The hunt is always fun.



I made strawberry chocolate scones, pouched eggs and cut little sausages into heart shaped patties.
I was surprised to find some fresh parsley and tarragon in my herb garden.


Fresh strawberries were perfect and actually they were pretty good. Jimmy loves strawberries.


I gave this heart decanter to Jim when we were first dating. I used it for some sparkling cider, always nice for breakfast. Everything was yummy and started the day off just fine!


We enjoyed the rest of the day with a bit of antique shopping and an early dinner in Troutdale. A lovely day with my sweetie indeed!
I still have all my cards and treats to open and enjoy this evening. I hope you had a lovely day too.

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh yum! Your breakfast is making me very hungry :)

Your table setting looks lovely and I really like the plate - so pretty! It sounds like you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Denise said...

Dearest Linda,I received your amazing Valentine gift to Me yesterday.I love it and what an unexpected surprise.You are so sweet and generous.Your talent for creating is wonderful and will be treasured.Love Denise

Debbie Harris said...

Hello Lady Linda,
I found you through my daughters blog "theenchantingrose" Stephanie shared her lovely gift that she recieved from you, and I came over to visit your blog. What a lovely blog you have! I am your newest follower and will surely be back to visit.
I do not have a blog, but love to see and meet all of you sweet ladies in blog land through my daughter.
I enjoyed your Valentine breakfast. So sweet!

Blessings! Debbie

Jocelyne said...

Lady Linda, I too found your blog through Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose blog. Your blog is lovely! I am a new follower as well.

Anne Payne said...

My goodness, but that is a lovely breakfast! I'm sure he felt very loved :) I'm popping over from Stephanie's blog.

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Such a sweet Valentine's day breakfast! I can just imagine how excited you were to find more of the glasses you got for your wedding! Isn't that great! Beautiful!
karen

Christine LeFever said...

You are so sweet. I just love everything on this post!

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day, Linda. Just lovely. Everything looked great and I'll bet everything was delish. Mmmmm, scones, especially.

You know what? I have been on the lookout for red glasses JUST LIKE THAT for quite a spell. No luck so far. I'll keep looking, though. They look sooooo pretty.

Take care. Susan

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello dear Linda,
I'm glad you had a lovely Valentines Day with your hubby!

I received your very sweet surprise in the mail and it just made my day! Everything is so pretty and so thoughtful of you.

I have been shut-in now for two weeks with my back and I cannot do a thing except blog/read, and even that is difficult having to sit any length of time.
So thank you, my friend! You really are a dear!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Sherri B. said...

What a lovely breakfast you fixed for your hubby...so special! Your table is set so pretty and how fun to still have the decanter that you gave him so many years ago.

I notice you said you went to dinner in Troutdale..would that be outside of Portland?

I came to visit you from Stephanie's, she was sharing all of her winnings..Nice giveaway!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hello. I found you through Stephanie's blog. You set such a beautiful table! Love all the red. Have a blessed evening.

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Hi there!

I'm stopping on over from The Enchanting Rose, and am happy to be your newest follower. I'm always glad to connect with a sister in Christ, as well. Have a blessed weekend!

Hugs,
Meredith

GardenOfDaisies said...

Very pretty. I love that you cut your sausage patties into hearts! :-) I see your little cupid candies, too!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi, Lady Linda, your sweet Valentine's breakfast is lovely. I do like your red goblets - I am partial to red glass and have a small collection that I use for Christmas and Valentine's Day. I love your sweet blog and am visiting from Stephanie's blog. I am your newest follower, too. Enjoy your weekend. I am not far from you in Washington near Mt. Rainier. xoxo

Sylvia said...

Hi Linda, this is my first time visiting your blog, it is very pretty ,love your red place setting. I found you on Stephanie's "Enchanting Rose".

Denise said...

Just wanted to come back one more time.First to say how sweet you are to your Jimmy,fixing Him that romantic meal.I also wanted you to know again how much I'm enjoying My beautiful valentine,the heart tag fits in My album of tags,and I tasted one of the yummy hearts but the cameo is too pretty to eat.Love Denise

Terri said...

Oh my! That is a Valentine breakfast! Your dear hubby must have been thrilled.
I am glad you had a great Valentine's Day!
Hugs,
Terri