Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother


My mom has been gone for over 15 years and dad now lives in a retirement center that is really nice.

I just got home from spending the day with him. Life is just busy and it's hard to take the time to go over to be with him...or so I think! He is so easy to be with and such a sweetheart. I ALWAYS have a wonderful time and I get the blessing.

Today I patched up his scooter with duck tape, grabbed his dirty clothes, shared a cup of coffee in the cafe, filled his meds and just sat and talked. I am his oldest and I think he just misses me sometime.When I left, he hugged me and said how much he likes my visits! He always thanks me for coming over and helping him.

As I was driving back home as the day was slipping away, the 4th commandment just kept playing in my head~HONOR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER. Ah, yes Lord, I hear you! Love ya Papa! 

8 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh I miss my mother too! It has been ten years that she has been gone.

Sylvia said...

Life is too short, spend all the time you can with your father. Both my parents have long been gone on and I miss them every day.

GardenOfDaisies said...

You are such a good daughter. Life is short and you have to enjoy all the moments that you are given. My husbands parents and my Dad are gone. So that only leaves my Mom. She lives far away from me, so we have to get creative with communication. Skype is wonderful , but not as good as being there.

Maureen Wyatt said...

It does always seem difficult to spend a great deal of time with a parent that is in a retirement home. But, when they are gone you wish you could. He must be a great dad to raise such a thoughtful and loving daughter!

Jane said...

Take your chances while you can. They are gone so unexpectedly and you miss them so much. You are so lucky to still have him.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

You are lucky to still have your Dad - i lost my Mom this past August and my Dad five years ago in August -it's sad for an only child! But, we carry on, I am grateful every day for my own family!!

Hey, I'm your newest follower!!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Dear Linda,

What a dear and heartfelt tribute to
your Parents. I can only imagine what your visits mean to your Father-you are a very good daughter!!

I really like the pink background on your blog
Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you:)with your project!
Much Love!!
Jemma