Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

President's Day


Happy President's Day! I still can't get used to celebrating Abraham Lincoln's and George Washington's birthdays together. I guess I still remember my grade school days.


I don't know as much as I should about Washington. I just haven't read much as an adult and I haven't been able to travel back east to visit the historical places where he lived and worked and made history!


I know much more about Lincoln and am more interested in his time period and his life. Since Jimmy is from Springfield, Illinois, I have been able to see first hand where Lincoln spent a part of his life. It's wonderful to get to go into his home and walk the streets that Lincoln and his family walked. I keep reading books on Lincoln and Mary Todd and it's amazing how many new things you learn with each book.






I just had to post these silhouettes of our presidents. I bet did this project when you were in grade school. I know I did. I'm just into silhouettes again.  I picked up an old scrapbook of a child's work a few years ago and of course, there are the presidential silhouettes included. I don't know where I put the scrapbook...oh well, I can use it next year.

I am planning a Tea Time Thursday blog that will match this blog, so pop back over on Thursday.

On a serious note, we need to remember to pray for our president. What a job....I don't know who would ever want it.

If you have the day off, enjoy! Thanks to all the presidents who have done their best for our country.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,
I love your President's Day post. Your pictures are very pretty, as is your blog.
~Dorothy

Susan said...

That was very nice, Linda. Love the silhouettes. Susan

Anonymous said...

Linda, I remember having Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays both off from school. those were the days! :-)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Whatever happened to learning about log cabins and cherry trees? :-) Linda, have you seen the new movie, "Lincoln". ?