Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Gratitude Sunday # 7 Coffee and Tea


It's Sunday and I'm joining Susan at A LA CARTE for another Gratitude Sunday. I am thankful this week for my daily coffee and tea times with my husband. Now that we are retired and no longer in retail, it's so enjoyable to have our unrushed coffee time in the mornings. No more commuting for us! 
I appreciate having the time to talk over the week or the day or anything else each morning.

In the afternoons around 3 PM, if we are both home, we take a tea time break together. We've only been having tea in the afternoons since before Christmas and it's really become a nice habit. We are enjoying a Bachelor Button tea from the Butchart Gardens of British Columbia from my friend Lisa.  I like having tea instead of coffee in the afternoon and Jimmy is getting to try out lots of tea. So far, he seems to enjoy the black teas the best. It's been fun and I'm thankful that we have more time together a couple times a day. Retirement is a big blessing! We are really busy and the weeks seem to fly away, but it's nice to be on our time and our schedule. Have a great week blogger friends!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's lovely to have a tea time daily. There are so many great teas to try. A few years ago I was into making my own blends of herbal teas, that was lots of fun, but you could do the same thing with black and green teas. My gd had a tea made up for me at the tea shop in town that had a base of black tea combined with some herbal teas. It is really good. Let me know when you are coming up this way, would love to show you my house.

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

I love my 4pm tea time too. It's a nice little pick me up around then.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I enjoy my morning coffee with my guy also. We are both retired and it's a great way to start the day. I may have to try tea in the afternoon, it sounds really great! Thanks for joining Gratitude Sunday! Hugs, Linda

Micupoftea said...

Hello :)
How wonderful that you and Jimmy carve out a bit of your day to catch up and chat. My sweet hubby does not drink coffee or tea, but we like to play games together each evening. Tonight we played a word search game! My daughter and I have tea together all the time~
HUGS
Shawn :)
p.s. I am drinking chai tonight

Stephanie said...

How delightful! My husband and I enjoy our coffee and tea time together as well. My hubby is a sweetie and will often make my morning cup of coffee and bring it to me in bed :) It's a nice treat.

I hope you're feeling better! Have a lovely Monday.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Barbara F. said...

Linda, how fun this is, we had a similar post this weekend for Linda's Gratitude party! Nice to meet you, thanks for the follow, and I am following you back. I'll be back to read more posts. xo