Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Gratitude Sunday #5


This Sunday I'm joining Linda again at A LA CARTE for another GRATITUDE SUNDAY.
I went to a doll show in Portland on Saturday, put on by Dolls4ALL. They have them twice a  year and I always look so forward to attending. I was thinking that I am thankful for the little girl in me that still loves dolls. Isn't it fun to enjoy things that brought you great JOY when you were little? I have always loved my dolls and still have many from my childhood. After I was introduced to Tasha Tudor's dolls though my friend Kristen and some of us in our Take Peace group made the doll Annabelle from Tasha's book A IS FOR ANNABELLE, I started going to the doll shows. I was so nervous the first time I went, but dolly people are fun and really sharing.

Enjoy some photos from the show~









I love French Fashion dolls and always drool over them and their clothes. This is a great book I found on making outfits and the dolly's accessories. I can spend hours pouring over these books!


I purchased some goodies for Annabelle's friends so I can't post pictures here yet. I did buy a special little lady for my self. She's a wax dollhouse doll, about 4 inches tall and she was made by the Seattle doll maker Ada Odenrider. Her dress is so pretty and very detailed. I love her hair style too.






I have read about wax dolls but I've never seen one other than in a book. I have to be selective anymore when purchasing a new doll. Her she is on tucked into my tea items. I have to find a good name for her.

Happy Sunday and spend a bit of time thinking about what you are thankful for this week.

I'll be announcing the winner of my GIVE AWAY on Monday!

9 comments:

Micupoftea said...

Hi Linda! I love your little wax doll...when I saw her the name that came to mind was Winnifred, or Winnie~ haha! I collect dolls. I love trunk dolls especially, and themed dolls. The majority of my dolls are Marie Osmond dolls. I should do a post on them. What fun it must have been to go to the show. Have a nice Sunday,
Shawn

LaVonne said...

I can't even begin to imagine a doll show. Something like that would never happen here.
So glad you had fun and took pics to share!

Diann said...

What a fun day and event to go to! i bet you enjoyed evey minute you were there. And your doll is lovely!

Unknown said...

The doll show looks like lots of fun. My mother told me I wasn't into dolls when I was little, but I did have a doll collection and still have a few story book dolls. I love my hand made doll I got from Paula a couple of years ago. I think it would be fun to have a doll house.

Suzan said...

Lovely Linda - I love your dolls!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've never been to a doll show like this but I would love to go! I would go crazy, I'm sure! I collect dolls and have a special room in my house just for them! It's just the MOST fun there is! Happy Sunday!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What gorgeous dolls! I think the one you got is amazing. Thanks for joining Gratitude Sunday! Hugs, Linda

Susan said...

Oh my GOSH, Linda. That show would have put me wayyyyyyy over the moon. Yes, indeed, I love dolls, like you.

It's the child in may and may she be with me til my last earthly breath.

As a matter of fact, I have a short doll post coming up soon called, The dolls in red, (for Valentine's Day.)

And the little doll you bought for yourself? Darling! Just to cherish. I'd probably call her Cassandra (Cassie for short) or Simone (Frenchy).

Her lacy skirt is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing. Susan

romance-of-roses said...

Oh, how I would of loved to attend this doll show. I also love dolls. I was an only child so my dolls were my best friends, my sisters and everything else. I haven't been to a doll show in years, hopefully will soon. Thanks for the tour. Hugs...Lu