Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Hitty's New Quilt


I love this book! It's such a charming book about the life of a little wooden carved doll. It goes through her first 100 years.  As a doll person, I had to have a Hitty doll. Most of my friends in my Tasha Tudor group have a Hitty doll too. Mine is not a hand carved version, but I like her face and she is quite fine.


All the illustrations are done in black and white. Here she is in her little cradle with a quilt.


A few weeks ago, I found a little quilt kit on Etsy. I thought it would be fun to make it for my Hitty.
It's a very small quilt.


Here she is, sitting on her  finished little quilt. I love the colors.


I'm not a hand quilter, but one of my Tasha friends encouraged me to  quilt the little quilt by hand with a simple criss cross pattern. It's not perfect but I did have fun giving it a try. It looks cute with the handwork. Actually, the most difficult part was the binding, as it is really tiny. The finished quilt is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".


I found the cradle a few years back and it just happened to be the right size and all for Hitty. It's pretty close to the one in the book. So I made some bedding for her to match the quilt and she is quite happy with it.


She's snug as a bug in a rug! 

3 comments:

janice15 said...

My dear your little quilt came out great. I have made only one baby quilt years ago and keep saying one day I'm going to make a attempt at it again but haven't yet.. Sending love Happy weekend Janice

mamasmercantile said...

I love the cradle and you have a made a beautiful quilt for it. Your stitches are lovely, a great job. Have a wonderful day.

Szara Sowa said...

Beautiful doll. You made wonderful quilt for her.