Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

Dad's Progress and My Little Otto


Oh my, it has been such a long week. I am really tired tonight, but need to unwind a bit, so thought I would post some pictures of my little Otto. Gma had a few extra days of babysitting so Papa could take care of Papa John. Otto was such a blessing to me, a break from the concern for my dad. Little Otto is a funny little guy! He is almost 2 1/2 years old now and just discovering the world more and more everyday. He was having some cereal when I arrived and had his new Snoopy PJ's on. He doesn't want to take them off!  You can see his cars on the table...never likes them to be too far away.


 He LOVES to vacuum and was telling me "right there" when he discovered something that needed to be swept up. He never misses a thing.


He is into his hat but won't call it a Santa hat...it's a winter hat. His crib has been taken down, so he takes his nap in mommy and daddy's big bed. He wanted a couple stories before night night which is so fun for me. I just love kids to read and enjoy books. Old primary school teacher here!


He saw a red Santa hat outside on a decoration for Christmas after his nap. He thought it was his and got ALL upset! I had to go get his hat and show him that his hat was still here. Funny funny.


Today was a long day. My sweet hubby is getting worn out being on a morning, noon and night schedule caring for my dad. We met with the Senior Helpers owner this afternoon with one of my sisters. It went well. Starting Monday, he will have a 1 hour visit 3 x's a day, 7 days a week for at least two week. It is expensive, but it has to be done or he will not be allowed to stay in the independent living apartment which he is in right now. We are not sure how long we will have to do this. Norm, the owner, was so nice and so professional. He was so comforting and just a kind person who my dad and my family at ease.
I went back tonight with Jim to pick up dad's apartment and to see how Jim and him are getting him into bed. He has MS and his legs have lost most of their strength now, so after the falls, he cannot get his leg into bed without help. That will be the problem and he may have to go back over to the assisted living building. The problem is that there is no room right now. What is meant to be, will be.
Jim and I were talking how we are being asked to help one little guy to come into the world as we help the older guy get ready to leave this world. Ah, the circle of life.
Thank you all who are praying for our family. It is much appreciated.
Well, Mr Sandman is throwing sand in my eyes, so time for bed. 

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

You and your family are in my prayers. God bless. Otto has grown so, he is a real cutie.

Bernideen said...

My prayers are with you Linda. This is certainly challenging. God Bless you during this time. Otto is a doll!

Maureen Wyatt said...

Send that little fellow over to my house! His skill with a vac would come in mighty handy with three cats in the house. I hope things work out to everyone's satisfaction with your dad. Aren't kids great for taking your mind off your troubles?