Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Tea Time Thursday #56 Wreath and Angels


A few weeks ago when I was working on my Tasha Tudor paper cornucopias, I wanted to add a chocolate angel to the cones. I have always been able to purchase them but I could not find any this year! The stores offered a snowman, a Santa, an elf and even a penguin but no angel... how sad is that? Angels are messengers from God. I guess God can't send us any messages this Christmas. I started to wonder, where have all the angels gone?

But first, I am late with my post for Tea Time Thursday, so on to my post before I get back to the angels.

For Tea Time Thursday, I wanted to share the wreath I have on my Tea Room door. I put it together years ago and hang it every years.


I tie on various silver tea related items. This is a teapot tea ball that Jimmy bought for me in Victoria on our first anniversary. There was a gift shoppe in the Empress and I fell in love with this little goodie. It is still my favorite.


Here's a sweet little fork that I love to use on my tea table.


 A nice tea strainer that's a good size to use. It sits nicely on a teacup.


This is another teapot shaped tea ball. This is another special one. Don't you like the shape of this one?


Oh and I really love this tea basket. It fits on the spout of a teapot so it can catch any tea leaves when the tea is poured out into the teacup.


Now back to the angles. When I was babysitting Otto, I took a look around my daughter's house to see if I could find any angels. I am happy to report, I did find some! This is a sweet mid century candle that lives on their mantle.


Angie has a pink bathroom and this little girl sits on the window sill. She is a cutie.


This little angel belonged to my mother. Angie has it on the window sill too.


When I returned home, I took a look around my own home. I found this quilted little miss a few years ago at an estate sale and she wanted to come home with me!


A vintage Hallmark ornament from 1980. It always reminds me of my two daughters...Angie and Gina.


I love this tiny wooden angel ornament. She was made in Germany and has been on our tree for many years.


I have these angels on my bathroom shelf. I also love the mid century little wax candles.


A trip to my tea room and I found more angels!




Our bedroom is blue and shows my love of quilts. This angel has wings made from an old quilt. It's a bit hard to see them.


My Tasha friend Janice, sent me this little angel and she just joins right in with the other quilted Christmas things. Very sweet and thank you Janice!



I had a busy day of Etsy and wrapping packages for Christmas. Jimmy and I did have a little tea break this afternoon. Just tea and some yummy shortbread. How are you doing getting ready for Christmas?


7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

The wreath is just adorable with all the tea adornments perfect for the tea room door. All those vintage angels are a real delight, perfect for the season.

Sylvia said...

I love all the different shapes and designs of your tea balls. The wreath is perfect for your tea room door! Adorable little angels.

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Your Tea Wreath is so pretty and covered with so many little treasures. I am happy that you think of Angels. My mother has been a collector of Angels and I love collecting them as well. Loved your post on all the angels from your daughters home as well as yours.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: Fabulous Christmas decoration proposals. I like your ornaments lot. Precious angels and crowns. Keep in touch

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

I love all of your Angels and those of your daughters-everything is very sweet and precious,Linda!
Love,
Jemma

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You have some adorable tea themed ornaments Linda and I like the collection of angles - they truly are messengers from God.
We're ready for Christmas and celebrating this weekend with our oldest daughter who lives in the far north.
Merry Christmas, I always enjoy your tea on Thursday post.
Judith

Antiques And Teacups said...

I just love your tea themed wreath! Just beautiful! Love all the angels!