Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Autumn




O sun and skies and clouds of June,
and flowers of June together,
Ye cannot rival for one hour
October's bright blue weather.
*******Helen Hunt Jackson

I found this quote in Mary Mason Campbell's book THE NEW ENGLAND BUTT'RY SHELF ALMANAC which was illustrated by Tasha Tudor. I love the book as it covers each month of the year complete with recipes.

I
finally have most of my house decorated for fall. There is always so
much cleaning to do at this time of the year after the fun months of
summer and doors wide open.
A busy week ahead with retreat things and a trip to see Clarice for her book signing.

I also got some very fun news...LaVonne
is hoping to come for a visit later this month. Yes, a grand month. I
love October. It's also the month my first born was born almost 34
years ago!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Let me know when she is coming. Maybe I can meet up with you.