Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Teacup Thursday #55~Forget-Me-Not



I did a wee bit of gardening today after  I spent some time with my dad. I noticed lots of my Forget-Me-Not sweet little blue flowers were everywhere. Tasha Tudor loved these little gems and when she passed away, I spread tons of seeds in my flower beds. They have been coming up every year and they make me happy.



So, I thought it would be a great week to feature my Royal Albert Forget-Me-Not teacup for Miss Spenser's Teacup Thursday. I really like the shape of the cup and of course, the colors are lovely.



When I was outside today, I snapped a couple pictures from my garden to share with my blog friends.





Look who's peeking at the beautiful teacup! It's a corgi...a Tasha Tudor corgi. Perfect color too. The corgi was produced for one of Tasha's companies  in the past. He's quite charming and well made. It's marked Tasha Tudor on the bottom.




I am hoping that the weather will cooperate and warm up next week so I can start planting my flowers. I always make myself wait until May and I'm ready to go. Happy planting and think flowers.

12 comments:

La Duchessa said...

beautiful blog!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous photos sweetie and your garden is looking fantastic! hope you are having a wonderful week.

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Linda, I have a couple of teacups in that exact same pattern. (I know there are pictures of it somewhere in my past tea posts.) Your little corgi's jacket is a perfect color match! I love forget me nots! My wedding china is Memory Lane. I have tried to grow them before, without much sucess. I got some more seeds and am trying again this year.

Unknown said...

The corgies are so cute. I love forgetmenots. We use to have them all over the place at the farm house. Love the tea cups and the photo of Tasha.

janice15 said...

Such wonderful photos, I enjoyed them and I too love forgetmenots been trying to get some planted in my new Garden..hopefully this spring. I just purchased a violets Tea Cup and I'm waiting for it to arrive..Now I have the notion to look for a forgetmenot Tea Cup...thank you for sharing ..with Love Janice @ spoonwither.blogspot.com...Mz Witherspoon's..come visit sometime.

Zaa said...

AH ..Such a lovely post... How could anyone forget those feet little forget-me-nots... especially when Tasha is walking amongst them... Your Royal Albert teaset has a vintage beauty that certainly could create a lovely teatime daydream... Just what I need today !!! Thanks for sharing ...Hugs

Antiques And Teacups said...

I dearly love forget me nots! They're also the state flower of Alaska! I guess because of the sentiment and the color. I love your teacup and your fox is charming! I'm late for TT.
Ruth

xinex said...

Oh I love the forget me nots, so pretty!...Christine

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Love your teacup with the forget me nots! The flowers are one of my favorites in the spring. Shouldn't be long now and mine will be blooming.
Nancy

Terri said...

Hello Lady Linda,
Your post is very lovely. I am thrilled to see you mention Tasha. I truly admire her. Forget Me Nots are such beautiful flowers. Yours look so pretty in your flower bed.
The tea cup is gorgeous! I have not seen a prettier FMN tea cup!
Hugs,
Terri

Bernideen said...

Aren't Forget Me Nots ever so romantic and DELICATE! Thanks for linking up to Tea in the Garden!

Denise said...

I didn't realize I missed a post ? This one is so pretty and colorful.The photo of Tasha is one of her best I think.Your garden is so lovely.Hugs Denise