Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Teacup Thursday #54


My teacup for today's Teacup Thursday is a very dainty and softly painted Haviland piece. Jim and I were at an estate sale last weekend and I just loved this sweet little set. It's such a very pale cup and saucer and although there isn't a name on it anywhere, I do believe someone painted it.



I don't know why I was drawn to it, but it just called me...take me home and so I did.





I did a bit of clean up work in my yard on Monday when the weather was nice, but the rain returned and my handyman didn't make it back to finish up, so I'm on hold again. I am getting ready to get those flower planted and getting excited. I pulled out one of my Tasha Tudor books....an Emily Dickinson's books that Tasha illustrated. I love all the flowers and enjoy looking at the pictures.








I love Emily Dickinson's poems. Don't you just love the last line...into my garden come?


11 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Lady Linda,
Love your new cup! It is very pretty wearing its delicate colours. Enjoyed the poem too. Thanks for sharing and have a delightful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Antiques And Teacups said...

Very pretty Haviland! Such soft and comforting colors! I love Tasha Tudor, as I know you do.
Ruth

Unknown said...

Very pretty, soft colors. It's grey here and sprinkling. I'm buying starts but so far haven't got anything planted. I do container gardening.

Anonymous said...

Milady Linda! Joy to you - and such a lovely find at your own estate sale! The cup goes perfect with Emily & Tasha's book - blending colors and gardens. I wonder if they had met, would Emily and Tasha had been friends. On Emily's part, perhaps pen pals since she rarely saw visitors and had no social life beyond her garden and family - perhaps that kept her thoughts more focuses for her writing.

Thank you for your prayers - I am healing and healed, and the Lord is molding me in ways I could not imagine. I'm giddy with expectancy - and only a month ago thought the end was near! Oh! We can not contain the plans the Lord has for those who love Him! May you prosper in all His plans for you, too!!
Joy!
Kathy

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Dear Lady Linda,
It is so nice to meet a kindred spirit... I love your photos! I'll be back soon! Have a wonderful weekend!
Your newest follower,
~Wendy

Bernideen said...

Soft colors on a cup and saucer - lovely!

Denise said...

With the music and the photos your post was just dreamy.I was baby sitting My Grandbabies yesterday all day.Would have loved to joined in on Thurs.tea time.If you E-mail Me your address,I have a little something to send you.Knuckled54@yahoo.com

xinex said...

Your teacup set is very pretty, dainty and sweet design and color...Christine

Denise @English Purple Ribbon said...

Hi Lady Linda! We are at the same tea party at Bernideen's. Thank-you for sharing the pretty poem. I also enjoy most of Emily Dickinson's poetry. Your new tea cup has such soft colors. Denise from englishpurpleribbon.blogspot.com/

romance-of-roses said...

Hi Lady Linda,
f this isn't one of the prettiest cups then I don't know what is. Just like you said it's so dainty love the soft colors. I love poetry , this little garden poem is so sweet. Hugs...Lu

Zaa said...

Joy in a cup and book meant to be... How lucky to find such a sweet teatime treasure... I always listen to those inner whispers...

Emily and Tasha Tudor are so very different and each has a element of serenity that fills the soul.... Beautiful prose ...

Thanks for sharing this lovely post today ... Bright Blessings