Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Quilting on the Oregon Coast...


Well. we may not dress like the ladies in the  picture above, but the retreats of today are just as special and meaningful and really play the same role as the quilt retreats of old!
I'm enjoying a very pleasant quilt retreat at the Oregon Coast in Gleneden Beach. We arrived on Sunday and have been having so much fun! It's just great to get together and laugh and chat and do some sewing. Before I started quilting, I thought retreats were only the held by churches. I was surprised to find that quilt retreats, as church retreats, offer a break in the routine, an opportunity to take care of yourself and overall, a time of refreshment.
I'm really thankful that I was able to come  this year, as it's been such a good retreat with very special friends.
The weather hasn't been too bad. I was walking up my steps tonight and see that the moon will soon be full.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm . . . sounds lovely. Especially if all the retreat goers are sisters in the Lord and conversation around the quilt becomes part of the ministry, too.
Someday . . . me . . .
Joy!
Kathy

romance-of-roses said...

Sounds like a wonderful quilting retreat and what fun to be with all those friends. Hugs...Lu

Susan said...

How nice you are at a retreat doing something that you love! I think that's great. Susan

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

I love this picture!! I am glad that you were able to enjoy and partake in it this time!! ~Donna