Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday Treasures


Jim and I had a great time at estate sales and flea markets this past weekend. He has another antique and collectible show coming up in March, so we have had to do some shopping. We get an added bonus as we are shopping for resale items....we ALWAYS find some treasures for ourselves! I thought it would be fun to share this little grouping as it has a Valentine look.

I am also linking up to Bernideen's Blog Party. Bless her heart, she is in the process of moving and is still able to blog and keep her blog party going weekly. I tip my hat to you Bernideen!



These are very small molds that loot a bit like pumpkins. I just love molds...not sure why...but they fascinate me.


Here we have a wooden cookie stamp. The seller said it came from New England. They bought out a lady's collection last summer and I guess she had a lot of fun kitchen items hanging on the wall. Not sure I will really use this on, but it would be great for my stamp cookie recipe.




Jim found this butter stamp last fall and I just love the design. It's a keeper!


I love old jars. I think this was a mustard jar. I have had it for years, but thought it would be fun in this grouping. I like to fill the jars with seasonal candies in the kitchen.


My favorite find this weekend is this wonderful coffee grinder! Here's some close ups for you to enjoy it's nice features.


The inside of the drawer is made of tin. I have never seen on like this before.


The top is like a piece of art!. We have a coffee grinder that is very sentimental to us, so as much as I adore this one, it will be offered for sale.


Our trunk after one stop! I told you it was a good shopping weekend!

10 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

What great finds, Linda! I love butter stamps and also those beautiful molds. We have an ancient coffee grinder that we use every morning. It hangs on our kitchen wall. Everyone who comes here likes to get to grind the coffee. LOL Have a wonderful day!

Mrs.T said...

You did have a great shopping weekend, didn't you? Wonderful finds. I like the butter stamp. That coffee grinder reminds me of the one in the Laura Ingalls Wilder book The Long Winter, where they used their coffee grinder to grind wheat to make bread to keep their family from starving. Yours looks very much like the illustrations in that book.

Bernideen said...

Dear Linda:
You know, I love to do the same thing. Your treasures are wonderful. For many years Keith and I went to Fort Collins where there is an entire row of indoor flea markets. We always looked to teacups, etc to resell at my shop. On the same day we would hit the flea market in Layette or Longmont but we would run out of time to do both of those.
All the things you found are very interesting. I can't even imagine how special it would be to stamp the butter with that stamp. In a way, if you had company it would be fun to do that and also have the stamp out to show them as you know they would ask. Hope your Dad is doing OK! Thanks for sharing Linda!

Nina said...

Lovely finds you both have done, Linda! The Coffee grinder is a pearl ~ My grand mom Han an old one reminding the one you bought ...so pretty and special! And the cookie stamp is a great invention ~ to be used today as well.
I wish you both a great antique show in March,
Lots of love from
Nina

Szara Sowa said...

Wonderful treasures You find. I have one old coffee grinder, it belonged to my grandmother. Lots of hugs.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Such wonderful finds, they do make a pretty Valentine staging! It is fun to buy items to resell and find things for yourself at the same time! :)
Have a great rest of your week,
gina

Kelly-Anne said...

Dear Linda! What delightful treasures you found...ah, what fun to go antique shopping...and I am so glad you could share them with us! I love that coffee grinder - so different to the electric ones we have now, don't you think...? So much attention to detail was paid in the past, that one cannot help but admire all the beautiful and sometimes over the top touches on antiques!
Enjoy the rest of your week...sending you a great big hug!
Kelly-Anne

Debby Ray said...

These are some great finds, Linda. I have a coffee grinder very similar to yours...that metal drawer is very cool The one in mine is just wood. Happy Valentine's Day!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my Linda, it looks like your found some wondeful treasures! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your hubby!

Bernideen said...

Just letting you know Linda that this post was featured today at my blog special features. Congratulations! Happy Valentines Day weekend too!