Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday Made...Metal Bobbin Necklace


Today is Monday Made on my Tasha Tudor group, so I thought I would share this on my blog today too. A few years ago, I bought this cool necklace at a quilt show.


My friend Peggy is a beader and she invited me to her home so we could make these necklaces. It was so much fun. Of course, she had all the equipment and beads. I brought the metal bobbins. Most of our sewing machines have plastic bobbins now, so this was a good way to recycle the old metal bobbins.


I made mine longer than the one I purchased. I think our's turned out as neat as the one I bought.


I'm linking up with Bernideen's blog party again this week. 

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh sweet friend, your necklace is darling! What a fun and clever idea, and the colors are oh-so-happy :)

Thinking of you! Sending lots of love your way!

Bernideen said...

Dear Linda:
I can tell you right now that these are amazing necklaces. I still use those bobbins as I don't have "new" technology - mine is an old sturdy, very heavy white from the 70's. I am thinking they would be fun to wear to a Quilt Show - everyone would want one.

Thanks so much for sharing this darling posting.

Debby Ray said...

What a cute idea, Linda! I have never seen this done before....very clever!

Mrs.T said...

What a nifty idea! I use these bobbins too, but I have some older ones that were my grandmother's and don't fit my machine. They would work for this. I'm pinning this idea!

Bernideen said...

Dear Linda:
Just letting you know that this was one of the special features today on my blog post. I know everyone will want one of those necklaces or will want to try and make one themselves!