Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Road Trip Shopping!



Jimmy and I didn't have to babysit this week, so we decided to take a little road trip to the beach for an overnight. The weather was pretty the first day, but it poured rain over night and was really wet on Thursday, but who cares when you like to go to antique shoppes?

We enjoyed lots of wonderful shoppes, so I wanted to share a bit of the goods we found. I love this little grouping of purple souvenir milk glass. I just was enchanted by it.


Oh, I loved this little German cardboard home complete with farmers and lots of animals.


The 4th of July is just around the corner and several booths were decorated for the upcoming holiday.


Children's books are always calling to me...this was a really cute Christmas one. I was good and left it there....


A sweet Japanese children's tea set, still in the box. If it would have had 4 teacups and 4 saucers, I probably would have had to bring it home!


I don't know what I liked better...the vintage metal dollhouse or the quilt blocks!


I am always drawn to little shelves and cupboards! Cute little dishes too!


Doll clothes are always so sweet and so fascinating to me. Most are homemade and that makes them even more charming.


You just have to love these little baby carriages. I love the one I own.


I actually loved the wooden blue chair more that then cute teddy bear.


Dollies to love!


She was a cute little stuffed doll sitting in a cheese box!


These were two lithographed children's dust pans with darling graphics.


My other loves is always dishes, teapots, and pretty things! Look at all the goodies on these shelves!


I was sure tempted by this beautiful rose biscuit jar!


A wonderful chocolate pot. I have a one very similar.


Fun fun fun!!!


A nice collection of Liberty Blue. I have a wee bit of this but would love to have the teapot. Maybe someday....

I hope you enjoyed a peak at our shopping. I will post more of our trip later. It was so nice to get out of town and just think of ourselves. 

7 comments:

Bernideen said...

I left a comment but it disappeared. What a great time and so many fun and pretty items! I especially loved the biscuit barrel! You are so right about rain - a perfect time to mosey around an antique mall!

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip and certainly a great trip for looking at beautiful things, a real feast for the eyes.

Szara Sowa said...

So many pretty items. I love these dolls, they are wonderful, and dollhauses, and all. Have a nice sunday.

Kim said...

Who cares about a little rain when there are such lovely shops to wander through. Soooo many pretties to look at. I am afraid too many pretties would have found their way into my shopping bag.....the lovely rose jar would most definitely have had to go home with me. =)

janice15 said...

Oh my looks like a wonderful time, I love Liberty Blue I have quite a few pieces myself. So pretty. Happy weekend with love Janice

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Linda, I am so behind on my visits! So glad I stopped by today though. I enjoyed seeing your antique mall "sights". The china shelves were my favorite too. The biscuit jar and chocolate pot, so pretty! So sorry to hear that you have been having some family issues. Praying things will be a little brighter for you.
Sending hugs,
Gina

tierneycreates said...

This post was fun to read and see the photos from your shopping!