Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tea Time Thursday #62 The Hutch and Transferware


Mid January already and I am looking forward to February! Happy Tea Time Thursday. Did you enjoy a nice cup of tea this afternoon?  I'm sharing a red transferware teacup today that I just received. I LOVE transferware and have been on the hunt for some red teacups. I haven't had any luck finding any locally so I have had to order them online. I am waiting for three more and I hope they come before Valentine's Day.


This was made in Germany and is a Villeroy and Boch Burgenland. I like the design and color.


I always love to have designs on the inside of my teacups.


Last fall I was at the Goodwill thrift store and I saw this hutch up on a window sill. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had been looking for a corner hutch for our home for years. It couldn't be too large and had to fit into the corner and not block the heat register on one side. I thought this hutch looked like a good fit, but I didn't have any measurements with me. I went home and told Jimmy about it and we took some measurements with us and headed back to the store. It was a perfect fit! The price was perfect too....$69.99.  The colors are true on the right hand photo.


You can see how I decorated it for Valentine's Day. Now you can understand why I am looking for more red transferware.



My last picture is from Christmas. My Christmas Tree Spode looked very much at home in the hutch too.


I also have my eye on a teapot....hum...should I place that order? I am so tempted!

10 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

What a bargain to buy such a beautiful piece of furniture for so little. Your Christmas Spode display was beautiful, a firm favourite of mine. Have a great weekend.

Sylvia said...

Great find at the Goodwill! I love to shop there. I have a cup a tea all during the day, anytime is a good.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: your collection of tea sets are wonderful. Great proposals. Keep in touch

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, I LOVE red transferware too, Linda! Your teacup is lovely and I look forward to seeing your Valentines tea. Your hutch is a beauty. Looks great all decked out for Christmas and Valentine's. Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Susan said...

Love red and all colors transferware, Linda.

Your hutch looks so pretty, all dolled up for the day of love. It looked pretty at Christmas time, too. Susan

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a wonderful find! You have made it so beautiful with your china and I bet you had lots of fun filling it! I have a corner hutch something like yours with my blue transferware in it. By the way, I hope you decide to get the teapot!
Nancy

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Don't you love it when something you've been wanting suddenly appears before you?
I like the hutch Linda and your Valentine's vignette is pretty - just needs that teapot perhaps....

Stephanie said...

Everything looks so beautiful and festive for Valentine's Day, my friend - your red transferware is stunning!

And the hutch is simply lovely! Hugs to you!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Linda,
Love your red transferware to pieces!
I have been looking for pieces too and haven't had any luck-I will follow your lead and shop on line. Do you have a recommended site you use?
Thanks for the tip!
Hugs,
Jemma

Miss Kathy said...

Blessings, My Lady Linda! I feel like I've been absent from Blogland for so long. I'm publishing books now and this past year has seen many of my priorities re-arranged. I am trying to get back into a routine including teatime posts (at least once a month!) and seeing dear ladies and all their lovelies in word, image, and activity. Loving your red transferware--I got my first two pieces which were platters and hung them on the wall this past fall. The corner hutch is also something I've always wanted, but I have no corners to put it! I will enjoy yours, then.

I hope you'll drop by and check out what I'm up to. My picture book is out and I'm sure you'll love it--in the tradition of Beatrix Potter. I'm looking for reviewers to be on my launch team. If you're interested let me know and I'll send you details and a PDF review copy.

Joy to you!
Kathy