Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Christmas Quilts

My poor laptop is on it's last leg. I haven't been posting much during the holidays as I can't load pictures from my camera onto my old laptop anymore...sigh. So I am going to try to post this as I want to share and record the history of these two Christmas quilts.

Last fall, I bought Christmas fabric for two quilts before I went to the Canby quilting retreat. I wanted to make each of my daughters and families a quilt. I have never made them quilts as they took so long to settle down, marry and have homes...lol! So this was the year to do it. 

Eric and Gina live in Seattle in a very mid century home. Their tree is white, so I chose the red, black, silver and white fabric for them.

Chris and Angie live close to us and love the 50's and 60's look, so I chose the reds and greens with vintage colors and prints. Their family room is painted with the lime green that is in the quilt.

The pattern is called TOSS UP and was easy, but time consuming. You end up with big blocks about 12 inch squares. My good friend and wonderful long arm quilter did the quilting for me. The silver one has snowflakes quilting in it and the red one is quilted with a whimsical tree pattern.Thank yo Nancy Pietzold for the excellent quilting job and for getting them done so quickly for me. 

I was so pleased with the final results and so pleased to give them to my girls. Of course, Tuba the cat liked the quilt too!









3 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Hi Linda-
The quilts you made are just beautiful! What special gifts for you to give to your girls and their families.
I wanted to thank you for the Christmas card you sent. I enjoyed reading the letter you included too!
Here's hoping 2015 is filled with fun times!
Hugs- Erica :)

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: great ideas and presents. Nice proposals. Happy New Year. Keep in touch

Bernideen said...

Those quilts are amazing. I love your personal labels too!