Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"When I'm 64"


Monday night my high school buddies and I finally were able to find a date that worked for us to meet for dinner! Six of us have stayed close since we graduated from Marycrest High School in 1968! Yes, we are getting older but we are still young at heart! I'm the oldest in the group and actually turned 64 in December. The rest of the gan will hit the magic number this year.


We were laughing and talking about the Beatles song, WHEN I'M 64 and how we couldn't imagine really becoming that age! Well, here we are and looking pretty good. Judi's gift to us that night was signing the song to us...what a riot and what a great idea! We still know how to have fun and lots of it.


MJ and Kathy......


Sue.....


Judi....


Linda and Sue....

Thanks for the memories guys. It was great to be together and talk about grandchildren! We missed Molly! She was sick and couldn't join us at the last minute. Life is good! I am thankful for long time friends.

10 comments:

Bernideen said...

What a great bunch of friends. I will be 65 next month - can't believe it. I graduated in l966. Time sure flies.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Isn't it wonderful to have life long friends? And age is really just a number. You are as young as you feel.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Awww, this is such a sweet post, Linda! I'm so happy that you were able to find time to get together with "the girls"!
My sister and I are still close with our high school friends too. There are 6 of us as well. We all just got together for Christmas actually. Something that we do every year. I feel so fortunate that we have stayed close.
Thanks for sharing! I hope you and Jimmy are doing well and loving up your little baby Otto!
Erica :)

Susan said...

Sweet post, Linda. Great photos. Yes, long-time friends are very, very special. They are among life's greatest gifts. Susan

Antiques And Teacups said...

I'm a 1965 graduate...and am now 66. I remember laughiong at that line in the song when I hit the mark! It's all good!!!
Ruth

Micupoftea said...

HAPPY belated Birthday, sweet lady! I just had a birthday this past week. SO glad you have special friends :)
S

LBP said...

What a great idea for a get together! I will soon be 53 and can't believe it! 16 seems like it was just yesterday...

Blessings

Linda

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: great gathering of your colleagues. Time flies. I like the Beatles song. Nice pictures .. Keep in touch

Stephanie said...

Oh how fun! You are so beautiful, Linda :) o good to visit you - hope you are well, dear friend. Love and hugs to you!

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

That's really impressive..life long friends. How fun!