Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16th~Miss Potter


I love Beatrix Potter's work and little books. I asked for the movie Miss Potter for my birthday and my daughter Gina gave it to me as a gift. It's really charming. We watched it after dinner tonight.



This picture is used in the movie as a Christmas present to Beatrix' publisher and her soon to be fiance.
She plans to write a book to go with the illustration. I don't think she really ever did, however, there are six illustrations put together to form The Rabbits' Christmas Party.


I wasn't able to find the sixth print online, but here are the others to enjoy.






I love all the detail in her work and I love how the animals become so human.  


This last illustration is not from the group featured but I love plum pudding and I just liked it!

No comments: